advertisement

New EBLT's from Rega

Just put an Eblt on my planar 1, (with p2 glass platter) and using phone app it spins ar 33.27 whereas edwards little belter sits at 33.45. Both make the app go green so within a certain tolerance I guess ..

Ah ok. The eblt once it’s settled stays on 33.27 or 26 , the little better is steady too and the standard belt is 33.6.. soundwise the eblt is the same as the blue little belter and both better than standard... just . Probably on a higher level rega it would be clearer.
not going to lose sleep over it tho!

Does anyone know if the Rega P10 comes with the reference belts fitted as standard? I would assume so, but I guess they need to find ways to keep us parting with money! Just order a P10, so it’ll be coming new from Rega in a few weeks.

Just fitted my reference eblt, replacing the blue belt.

Have a 1994 Planar 3, with 24v motor upgrade, Neo psu and groove tracer sub platter.

The blue belt @ 33.33 the best W/F I got was 0.25%.

straight replacement it ran at 33.4 with W/f of 0.31%. I let it spin for six hours, then I reset the Neo to factory. Ran at 32.07.

Dialled in to 33.33, and W/f now at 0.13%. Best I ever had! So, result.

using the RPM app, btw.

as an update i have been running the P1 for the last 5 hrs, and upgraded the RPM app on iphone and calibrated the gyro (auto calibration on the app) and the P1/ EBLT shows over two runs 33.33 & 33.32 with percentage variation of 0.02% and 0.05% with W/F of 0,33 & 0.35 % so not bad for a cheapie

It's clearly audible and well worth the few £ it costs over the original. You can pay hundreds of £ and get less of an improvement.

I think all new decks come with eblt and p6 upwards have and ‘advanced eblt’ si youl get the upgrade free.... ish!

Honesty, like that. I'd still buy it. No way it'll be worse and for all the price difference, why not. Like you say, you might hear the difference better on the higher decks.
For occasional use the p1 with at vm95e is only going to go so fat but it’s still enjoyable.:).:):):)

Just swapped my white belt for an EBLT, but couldn't say whether it sounds darker.
RPM app shows 33.22 and 44.99, with an L.P. on the platter.
Apparently it should last longer than my black and white Rega belts, but probably won't need another one.
Itch scratched.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back