advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

I have the vinyl album with Sympathy on.

I have all their albums on vinyl (Pink scroll Charisma for the first two), and they sound great. This seems like a nice package, thought there is more live recorded stuff out there if they had dug a little deeper.

James Taylor vinyl box set of his first 6 Warner Bros albums, £62.99 when using the discount code Vinyl30 on HMV at present. Bernie Grundman remasters apparently, and meant to be a very decent sounding set:

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/the-warner-bros-albums-1970-1976

There are some other good prices on some albums if you can be bothered to trawl through.
I made a deal with myself; no LPs in April. I have plenty to be getting on with and one month shouldn't be so tough.
Ummmm, so when is James Taylor arriving then?!

While I am not using Vinyl there is a CD box set equivalent and have ordered one and got same delivery as well . Thank you for the heads up .

Highly Recommended if you have a stereo integrated into a surround system. As fans will probably know, this, like DSOTM, was originally conceived and recorded in Quadraphonic.

Welcome To The Machine in particular just has to be heard this way.

Sam Cooke keep movin' on Double Vinyl currently £11.69 on Amazon:

51lxfg5bHwL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Some nice priced records on WHSmith website, Giant Steps mono £14.99, Talk Talk Spirit of Eden £17.99, Colour of Spring £13.99 and Deep Purple in Rock (well regarded 2018 master on purple vinyl) £17.99 all ordered. Until 6 May free delivery and £5 off when spending over £25.

Some nice priced records on WHSmith website, Giant Steps mono £14.99, Talk Talk Spirit of Eden £17.99, Colour of Spring £13.99 and Deep Purple in Rock (well regarded 2018 master on purple vinyl) £17.99 all ordered. Until 6 May free delivery and £5 off when spending over £25.
Good call, Also a couple of John Foxx and the Maths albums for £6.99!

Word of warning though - I've had a high proportion of warped and off-centre pressings from WH Smith. They still sound alright but it's not what you expect from a new record.

advertisement

Back