advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is Apple and Google did most of the heavy lifting, .

Like Sean says, the app is just a small part -- Hancock called it the cherry on the cake.

The information we have on Test and Trace -- financial, how well it's running etc. -- seems more than in France (the only country I can compare it with) but is still not satisfactory.

Just a couple of reports comparing people's intentions with their actual behaviour, and their own explanation of the disparity. Don't have them to hand or even remember what they were, but this article brings a few things together:

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n224

Cheers Sean, it does seem an important thing, surely someone has done some research asking people what they did while isolating, at some point I may have a good scour of the web for information myself.

They'll then be further spreading at Easter, which we'll see in about 5 weeks from now I suppose.

It's the hospitals admissions and subsequent lag to deaths which interest me. If they stabilise to an 'acceptable' number... I don't think you stop folk being 'infected' or testing positive, as its not that kind of virus that can be fully eradicated - but what do I know.

Cases will rise in the next month - I think the best we can hope for is a levelling at around 5000 per day or so. They'll then be further spreading at Easter, which we'll see in about 5 weeks from now I suppose.
Yes you’d expect a rise with schools going back and then further lockdown easing planned for mid-April.

Most important thing though is that the deaths and hospitalisations continue to decline or stabilise to an ‘acceptable’ level as Andrew says, which would show the vaccines are doing their job and allow us to realise that June 21 normality date and no going back beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back