advertisement

Ordered The Buchardt A500 + Hub

It hasn't been mentioned yet that in the same mail Mads announces that Buchardt should come out with their own new hub in 2021, offering a full refund for the current Platin hub to those interested in trading it in for the new Buchardt hub

It hasn't been mentioned yet that in the same mail Mads announces that Buchardt should come out with their own new hub in 2021, offering a full refund for the current Platin hub to those interested in trading it in for the new Buchardt hub

He didn't say anything about that to me when I placed the order I'm guessing its going to be more expensive than the current one

He didn't say anything about that to me when I placed the order I'm guessing its going to be more expensive than the current one

Oh yes I assume that, too. It is described as "premium option" and the current Platin hub that is bundled with the A500 doesn't actually have the "premium" look :)

Definitely more expensive. The design is based on the i150 amp. Mads has said they will offer the full value of the platin amp when trading up to the new amp.

Also, for anyone worried about obsolescence, Mads has confirmed that they are already developing modules (although they won't be ready for a few years) that can be dropped into replace the existing ones if required.

Solidsteel SS6 come in white?
There’s also a black pair for sale in the PFM classifieds atm!

There sold I just checked,But Buchardt have just said they will be releasing a set of stands soon so I'll keep an eye out for them
But thanks for the heads up

Buchardt loudspeakers are high on my list to try.
I like the active option, though never thought I should use wireless speakers.

Buchardt loudspeakers are high on my list to try.
I like the active option, though never thought I should use wireless speakers.

I’m the same as I mostly use my speakers as part of my AV ( front left and right ) and for my Michell Orbe turntable , So it will be converting my analog deck to digital and then but I though a DSP and DAC lol but everyone with a deck says it sounds great . Plus it will be my first time trying out online music streaming

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not mine, not me asking, I just saw them and thought someone here may want to put in an offer.
Fair play most people only have 2 months to wait now so cant see him getting anywhere near the price he's asking
In Europe Mads said the black and white models are wanted the most the walnut is big in the US

Good looking, well reviewed speakers. I am a convert for active speakers though would not rule out going back to separates ever again. - The lack of messing around with all the hifi paraphernalia is refreshing though I still managed to use my 'fancy' (£30) power cables and '257 strand real glass fibre' toslink cable.

Old habits die hard.

After having active system for nearly 10 years, I personally came back to passive on the grounds that its actually a simpler system. IF, you buy an amp with DAC and RIAA inputs and a pair of passive speakers.
1 mains lead in, two speaker cables out, and a/any source of choice attached.

This will be my first time going active and steaming I'm looking forward to it
plus my wife is happy as I'll be one box less (ATC amp has been sold)
But still have a Marantz AV amp as I plan to use the A500 as part of my 5.1

I have had my A500s for a few months now. I was really nervous about the idea of everything being digital and that i would lose the analogue feel on vinyl. I have had zero issues on that front as my records sound better than they ever have done. I would highly recommend the speakers - the room correction works, the master tunings allow for system tinkering without endless box swapping, they look good and most importantly they sound great. I would also echo what was said above about Mads - he is happy to answer any questions and is always very helpful. My only issue has been that the HDMI inout was a bit buggy initially but this seems to have been sorted out now

Sounds very interesting - I am definitely in the market for reducing numbers of boxes! Any sensitivities around speaker positioning?

Sounds very interesting - I am definitely in the market for reducing numbers of boxes! Any sensitivities around speaker positioning?
Not really as the hub has room correction software built in and the speaker you can download this thing called master tuning which let you play around
with the crossover level and near wall placement and so on
This review is well worth watching

advertisement

Back