advertisement

Post Covid Gigs?

JimmyB

pfm Member
Anyone got any post Covid Gigs lined up?

This morning pinged me a wee message about a gig in October so I now have two Shonen Knife tickets to go beside my Juiniore tickets and a Northern soul gig in Glasgow which has been postponed until 2022.

First saw Shonen Knife at King Tuts and they are an awesome live band (well the original line up anyway). Totally stoked to be seeing them again.

Yup, got Scritti Politti tickets booked for the start of October.
Also, tickets for the Working Mens Club/Confidence Man gig middle of October.
Oh, and the (twice) rescheduled WH Lung gig in December.
I'm tempted by a couple in August; but I'm not thinking about getting those for another month or so because of y'know, all this *waves hand around airily*

Fairport Convention, Martha Tilston, Alvin Youngblood Hart, all postponed from last year. A lot more as well as them scheduled at Liverpool Phil. Music Room I’m waiting to see how things pan out before buying tickets.Billy Bragg in November (I think)

I know. But it won't happen before a few months, believe me.
Everything from April to June will be postponed or cancelled.
By the way, my daughter lives in Besac, so I'm often there. Waiting for the Dire Straits experience in Micropolis that we booked last year... no news.

I’m not booking anything at all until I am certain this thing is over. Far too much chance of virus mutation etc to take any risks. I’m supporting music through buying vast quantities of new vinyl, a lot directly from the artists, so I don’t feel bad from that perspective.

Verona opera, early September
Loudon Wainwright III, late September
Stewart Lee, June
Deacon Blue, December

I’m not booking anything at all until I am certain this thing is over. Far too much chance of virus mutation etc to take any risks. I’m supporting music through buying vast quantities of new vinyl, a lot directly from the artists, so I don’t feel bad from that perspective.

Entirely sensible and I'm fully expecting for these gigs to be put back but I've got to the stage of needing to look forward to something or going mad.

Last year's Thom Yorke gig that got rescheduled for this year has just been cancelled completely, that was the only thing I had in the diary.

Tangerine Dream - Roundhouse 6th June.
I'd imagine (hoping) it will be rescheduled to the autumn or even next year.

So far just Wille and the Bandits which was postponed twice last year, then should have been March this year. Now postponed again to March 2022.

Van der Graaf Generator twice postponed, currently arranged for sometime next year. This may be the last chance to see them live they are getting on a bit.

So far Richard Thompson July, Agnes Obel and Genesis in September, Slow readers club October, This Is Kit November, Theatre of Hate December then the smoke Fairies Feb 2021. A busy time I hope.

Booked for Martin Turner ex-Wishbone Ash, at The Eel Pie Club, Twickenham, London (always a rapturously received gig) for Thursday 2nd September 2021. Martin and his band totally kill live, plus they are playing ‘Wishbone Four’ in full plus other WA classics, always including at least a couple of songs from ‘Argus’.

Andy Powell’s official, Wishbone Ash, will also doubtless be playing also (but not at the same venues on the same nights)!

We have tickets for Flaming Lips in July that were bought last summer some time knowing it might not go ahead.

Hopefully everyone will have been vaccinated by then but I'm still a bit unsure how I feel about going to a large gig. The vaccines don't give 100% protection and who knows what mutations will have emerged by then. Whitty and Valance seem certain that we'll see further large outbreaks.

I'm astonished that festivals like Reading are happening - 100,000 drunk people in a field doesn't seem sensible right now.

We have tickets for Flaming Lips in July that were bought last summer some time knowing it might not go ahead.

Hopefully everyone will have been vaccinated by then but I'm still a bit unsure how I feel about going to a large gig. The vaccines don't give 100% protection and who knows what mutations will have emerged by then. Whitty and Valance seem certain that we'll see further large outbreaks.

I'm astonished that festivals like Reading are happening - 100,000 drunk people in a field doesn't seem sensible right now.

It's hard to imagine going to a gig at the moment tbh & I agree with what you say. Regarding Whitty, I don't know what to make of the man; we're heading back to normalisation of society, yet he predicts 30,000 further deaths. Maybe it's just me, but he's not a man who inspires a great lot of confidence. The models use a lot of assumptions & unknown factors, so who knows what is going to happen.

I have a ticket for the rearranged Agnes Obel show at Birmingham Symphony Hall in September.
That is it for me at the moment and I won't be booking anything new until I can be reasonably sure that the event will happen.

advertisement

Back