advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stiff Records ‎– SEEZ 17. LP 1979. This record has the fewest clicks and pops of any that I own, it's a wonderful pressing. Stiff ran the front office on the cheap but the cash went where it mattered.

R-395329-1438983066-2382.jpeg.jpg

This is an 'unofficial release' - a 'bootleg' from the recordings that went out on FM bitd in a nutshell and my last on vinyl.

DOL ‎– DOR2064. 2 x lp. 2016. Naughty Amazon. Can't get it on Discogs - funny how they list these things though ;)

R-8241428-1457881886-3679.jpeg.jpg

2009 remaster. I think I must be going soft in my old age - I never, ever bought this until this week, although I've relented previously and bought others. In the late 70s and 80s this was parents' music. It was much like admitting that you liked Abba at school because you hadn't heard of ... :eek: We got forced to sing Yesterday in music lessons or to play Yellow Submarine - it was all painful at the time. Did they ever match I Saw Her Standing There, really?

R-1929764-1543869610-3777.jpeg.jpg

Convice me about P S. Why?
No idea where to start. Convince me about Joni Mitchell, Mingus, Sinatra and the Beatles, can’t get into any of them.

Side 1 of Steve McQueen, the only perfect Side 1 of any record I have heard, brilliant tunes, clever lyrics and Thomas Dolby produced it - if that doesn’t kick you off, forget the rest, if it does try Crimson Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back