advertisement

FAO Burglers!

Rack Kit

pfm Member
"Don't risk getting caught breaking and entering - just follow delivery drivers around and pick up the parcels they dump on customers doorsteps whether they're in or not."

Yeah, this a rant about the last idiot who left a parcel worth a fair bit in plain view this afternoon while I was out. Luckily it was only there for a few minutes before I got back. In the past, they'd put them in the recycle bins at the side of the house, leave it with a neighbour etc and post a note but now it's just dump, knock and run. I know they're time pressured but if there isn't already a spate of thefts of parcels from left parcels, there soon will be.

I half felt like letting Amazon it wasn't there when I got in but don't have it in me.

Ultimately, who's responsible for parcels being left in this way?

Rant over.

Had some lazy Hermes halfwit leave a parcel in front of my garage the other day, up for grabs to any passing thieving scumbag. Luckily I was only out about 20 minutes.

Could have opened my 6 ft gate and sat it round the side of my house but that would have been too much bother.

I rather like the GPO system that has been implemented here (and I guess in the UK too). Proud :) You create a login, and from then on you get an e-mail in advance asking you exactly how you want your parcel to be delivered, and to whom. Also, Post offices in towns often have an automatic storage and delivery system where you can pick up your parcel at any time of the night with a QR code you get on your mobile.

Courier services like DPD etc. all have different systems, that's why I try to avoid ordering at shops using these services, unless I know my GF is home for en extended period of time. Homeoffice comes in handy these days.

lop-news-mypost24.jpg

My new I mac was dumped in full view in my porch
One ring on the door bell , by the time I got up and dressed run down the stairs there it was , No driver in sight , If I was at work that day it would have been taken for sure , When I logged on my puter I had a nice photo of the box in my porch , I supos they use this as evidence of delivery
What happens if the driver then after taking the photo decides to pick up the parcel again ?

wow , thats a high value item , you sometimes see pics of porches on facebook as items taken to wrong address

My new I mac was dumped in full view in my porch
One ring on the door bell , by the time I got up and dressed run down the stairs there it was , No driver in sight , If I was at work that day it would have been taken for sure , When I logged on my puter I had a nice photo of the box in my porch , I supos they use this as evidence of delivery
What happens if the driver then after taking the photo decides to pick up the parcel again ?

I've heard that this is now a thing.

I think in future I will opt for the Amazon locker collection box , One is about 1/4 mile away

wow , thats a high value item , you sometimes see pics of porches on facebook as items taken to wrong address
Had a Dell lappy delivered to a neighbours doorstep and a pic sent to me, bit of Sherlock as it was a close up of their step, COVID being the thing not keen on knocking on random doors :) Have a couple Cams that record front of house now so we have evidence if a delivery has actually been made, all work stuff lands at my house now so several drop offs a day into my storage box.

I had a case of wine left on my doorstep despite being told it would need signing for by an adult.

I had a parcel left at the village shop, didn't bother to tell us or the sender. Only found out when i asked for a refund and they took it up with the courier.

If shopping is going online we need this sorted.

I had a case of wine left on my doorstep despite being told it would need signing for by an adult.
I've had this twice, once it sat behind the bins for 3 days until I came home. The best was 3 shirts delivered to my recycling bin. My neighbours helpfully put out the bin, I was away. Those were replaced. The company in question now get a signature.
a friend's ex, who had shall we say a rather flexible moral compass, had a cottage industry in "non delivered" goods . Anything, but anything, not signed for was the subject of a complaint phone call and "I want another". Spares were kept for a rainy day , given as presents and on at least one occasion sold on.

I had a Linn Ikemi left outside last year... it was supposed to have been signed for (driver signed for it himself) and I was in, and up and about. Door wasn’t knocked, the bell wasn’t rung... that annoyed me a lot. Luckily I found it before someone else did.

I'm not saying it's right, but those drivers must have hell of a time trying to deliver everything now. Everyone's buying online.

I had a package of electronic components delivered to the Welwyn Electronics factory about 4 miles away once and then the replacement parcel delivered to someone about 8 doors away...

In the Daily Fail this week the consumer helpline had a story of someone's parcel delivered to a neighbour. Neighbour kindly left it in the owners porch from where it was knicked. Suprisingly the courier wasn't keen on taking responsibility for the loss.

advertisement

Back