advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

OK guys got the new design working.
It is so silent in all things, separation fantastic, bass unreal.
I enjoyed making it so I tell you how to make your own.
Two bits of wet string wrapped around Ivy soaked in olive oil.
Connection are match stick, used of coarse.
And I have great name for it will be called G.M. N1Czero. :mad:
But you must use a warm up disc here is the link to buy you own
https://seca.freeforums.net/thread/296/links :)

Thank you all for all your feedback it will inspire me to make more affordable kit for the music fans thank you again.

Now stay safe no wire in the mains please more lethal than Covid.;)

Agreed, BUT for example the Aavik U-300 (which is also a Borrensen/Anzus design) is worth what i paid for it 'to me' ... then again i paid just under half the RRP which was an eye watering £22/25K.

Which proove they are creating insane uber-price.
Whether it will compete with either Vitus, Naim or Audionet, I have no idea or interest, I don't listen with my wallet.

Our local Anzus dealer announce ex-dem Borresen cables of all kinds, savings on 60-75% is not unusual. I'm having a laugh sometime.
I wouldn't even read mail correspondence from such a Co, neither would I call them bull-shitter.

OK guys got the new design working.
It is so silent in all things, separation fantastic, bass unreal.
I enjoyed making it so I tell you how to make your own.
Two bits of wet string wrapped around Ivy soaked in olive oil.
Connection are match stick, used of coarse.
And I have great name for it will be called G.M. N1Czero. :mad:
But you must use a warm up disc here is the link to buy you own
https://seca.freeforums.net/thread/296/links :)
I tried it Col; amazing lack of background noise! Trouble is the utter lack of foreground sound as well :p

To quote myself :D
So here's a few observations on the LS-40s v the Anzus A2's. tried to keep it short and to the point:

I had the Anzus cables in for 3-4 days to get used to them, which I found dark and recessed at first. Being brand new the Anzus A2's did start to open up but still, I had a feeling they were voiced to perhaps work in a full Aavik/Anzus/Borrensen context... after all they are the same company really. The A2's were excellent with rock music but felt slightly controlled/contrived in general. The LS-40s were a breath of fresh air when they came. They are superbly neutral, full of detail, but in a perfectly relaxed manor. Plus, the bass depth and resolution on the LS40 is astonishing. The mid-band is beautifully resolved with an ever so slightly silky effect. The highs are also completely present with no feeling of being restraint but manage to do so without drawings attention to themselves in anyway.

As you may see from the beginning of this thread, I was the first in line but had a different setup then and in the context of that amp the LS-40s appeared negligible.

In the new Setup (details below) The superior effects of the LS-40 was near enough instantly recognised which goes to show context and synergy is key.

System:
Aavik U-300
Speakers: (DIY) VOLT BM228.8 / ScanSpeak D2905/990000
Speaker stands: solidsteel SS-5
Speaker cables: EWA LS-40
USB cable: Lindy Cromo

Roon & Network:
ROCK: Intel NUC i7 10th Gen FNK2: 16GB RAM 256GB MVMe SSD
Storage: QNAP TS-251+: 8GB RAM 2x 2TB SSDs
Switch: NETGEAR ProSafe GS105
Cables: Lindy Cromo CAT6

Mains:
LPSU: HD Plex 300W
Cables: Neotech NEP-4003 / MS-HD

@CJ14 @ABCaudio Nicely done gents, I'm back :D
Looing forward to hearing what the full EWA loom brings to the table!

I had the Audionet DNA 2.0 when I demoed the LS-40s first time around, and then a Vitus RD-100/RS-100 pre/power for a month or so before the Aavik U-300.

The U-300 and the LS-40's are perfect together IMHO, the synergy is frankly astonishing. Since Thursday I haven't stopped re-listening with new admiration to many of my favourite albums.

@Yivez Just heard from Alan @ABCaudio my cables will be sent out Thursday so should be able to get the 'touring LS-40s' out to you by the end of the week. They'll be in a new mailer box, the old one looked to have seen better days...

advertisement

Back