advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can ‘vote them out’ but this shower will have cleaned out the coffers and wrecked the economy by the time they’re hoofed.
How do you meaningfully separate out the damage caused by covid compared with the other effects caused by Brexit/other policy?

You just know that Boris is going to quote sheer numbers of billions thrown at the economy in the last year, as evidence of the government doing what it takes.

It used to be that the defining separation between Labour and Tory was just how much money they were willing to spend. In a post covid world, how do we even know if that will still be true?

I have noticed how many posters like to speak for the general public.
Highly commendable.

Nothing of the sort, more a case of recognising that we don't all sit in splendid isolation (except in lockdown).

The success and wider spread of wealth to fund decent services adds to everyone's sense of well being. A bunch of shysters claiming they will be re-distributing some mythical savings (Brexit has cost UK plc millions and will to cost many more) when the first evidence you have is them shovelling millions of taxpayer's cash into the hands of cronies during a health crisis - err, doesn't.

Nothing of the sort, more a case of recognising that we don't all sit in splendid isolation (except in lockdown).

The success and wider spread of wealth to fund decent services adds to everyone's sense of well being. A bunch of shysters claiming they will be re-distributing some mythical savings (Brexit has cost UK plc millions and will to cost many more) when the first evidence you have is them shovelling millions of taxpayer's cash into the hands of cronies during a health crisis - err, doesn't.
They would have still funneled cash into the same types of people without Brexit.

All modern governments have relied on a few big outsourcing agencies and IT firms. In a crisis like Covid, a few players can effectively define their own terms. IMO, too much outsourcing has happened since the 90s, both under Labour and Conservatives. Now we see the costs.

They would have still funneled cash into the same types of people without Brexit.

All modern governments have relied on a few big outsourcing agencies and IT firms. In a crisis like Covid, a few players can effectively define their own terms. IMO, too much outsourcing has happened since the 90s, both under Labour and Conservatives. Now we see the costs.

So Brexit helps how exactly? I know you don't what to accept any responsibility for it and you are not alone, but Tories being Tories doesn't change it and is no excuse. It should have been a hint. I shouldn't have to mention that there is a world of difference between outsourcing and shovelling cash into crony pockets without tender or scrutiny, but hey.

So Brexit helps how exactly? I know you don't what to accept any responsibility for it and you are not alone, but Tories being Tories doesn't change it and is no excuse. It should have been a hint. I shouldn't have to mention that there is a world of difference between outsourcing and shovelling cash into crony pockets without tender or scrutiny, but hey.
Accept what responsibility?
I am not responsible for government spending. I didn't sign off on the Brexit deal which was implemented.
Were you looking for some sack cloth and ashes for 17.4 million people?

Accept what responsibility?
I am not responsible for government spending. I didn't sign off on the Brexit deal which was implemented.
Were you looking for some sack cloth and ashes for 17.4 million people?

No just some acknowledgement that this is either a) not what you voted for so far or b) a roaring success and why. I don't care who the 17.4m blame next, it will always be someone else's fault obvs. That's where they started.

No just some acknowledgement that this is either a) not what you voted for so far or b) a roaring success and why. I don't care who the 17.4m blame next, it will always be someone else's fault obvs. That's where they started.
What we have is not what I voted for. But that doesn't mean to say my expectations match anyone else's. A sample set of one then.
How does that help?
I've voted in GE's before and not got what I expected, so it's not a surprise.

Gosh, Mme Bermann doesn't have an axe to grind, does she!
Hard to argue with
"She also claims some Brexiters are consumed with hatred for Germany and gripped by a myth that they liberated Europe on their own, describing Brexit as a triumph of emotion over reason, won by a campaign full of lies in which negative attitudes to migration were exploited by figures such as Johnson and Michael Gove."

It's not 'speaking for the general public' to observe the calamities befalling the fishing, music and arts, and food exporting industries.
Very true Sue.
I was thinking of the sort that like to pigeon hole Brexiteers or Remainers as racists or snowflakes, or whatever.

Very true Sue.
I was thinking of the sort that like to pigeon hole Brexiteers or Remainers as racists or snowflakes, or whatever.
No you weren’t. And even if you were, if somebody ‘pigeonholes’ somebody, they do it from their own personal perspective, not as a spokesperson for the general public.

You’re dissembling, because you got called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back