advertisement

Cheer Up! Jools Holland is back..

I like the programme as he has a lot of interesting guests but can’t stand Jools Holland especially when he joins in on these bands / acts !

Regards,

Martin
Thankfully he doesn't get the chance to join in in these covid editions. I see the Arlo Parks marketing machine is well at work still, getting her in on the first show. Some decent selections though, and I love that Sleaford Mods tune.

Thankfully he doesn't get the chance to join in in these covid editions. I see the Arlo Parks marketing machine is well at work still, getting her in on the first show. Some decent selections though, and I love that Sleaford Mods tune.
I had a listen to Arlo Parks the other day, seemed very boring but the hype says she’s the next big thing.

just played arlo parks, caroline, you tube, live on graham norton, sounds like she has a bad cold, one note all the way through, sorry not for me,

Just watched the episode with Peggy Seeger, really terrible song, was it written by a child?

Moses Boyd came across well, Arlo Parks was very dull.

In fairness there is not a lot they can do under lockdown conditions and anything is better than nothing! The more I think about it the more I feel this program does as much as it can within a tired conservative remit. It will never represent cutting edge new music as anything more than a fringe element amongst all the pensioner-age dadrock, but each week they do give a new band or two a break. Last night with Moses Boyd was interesting in that the clips he dug up weren’t what I’d have expected, though the jam with Jools sounded a little stressed to me, given both are highly accomplished musicians they didn’t really lock into a solid groove to my ears.

The problem is we don’t have anything like enough music programming.

Nothing has touched the Tube since the early days of C4. That's when Jools (but maybe he was always a w*nker ;)) and Paula Yates were cutting edge until they were reigned in...

Until another tv Prog for live ( is it all live on Later? Not sure, think some of it may be lip-sync’d? But anyway) music, comes along it’s really all we have. Sky arts & BBC4 gives us some good music programmes, but nowadays they’re nearly all repeats.
Sure, Later is getting a bit hackneyed with its format but the competition consists of......................

advertisement

Back