advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

OK folks and participants of the LS-40 demo set... they are in my system ATM @Alan Brown @CJ14 - thank you for making this happen.

The context in which they are currently installed in:

System:
Amp: Audionet DNA 2.0 http://en.audionet.de/machines/dna/
PSU: Audionet EPS G2 http://en.audionet.de/machines/eps-g2/
Speakers: 432 Point5 (DIY) http://postimg.cc/gallery/SS9TTmv
Speaker stands: solidsteel SS-5
Speaker cables: 432 Point5 SAEC SPC-850 Triple-C (DIY)
USB cable: 432 Point5 SAEC SUS-380 Triple-C (DIY)

Roon & UPNP/DLNA Server:
QNAP TS-251+8GB RAM & 2x 2TB SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD's
Teddy Pardo Dual 12v/3a LPSU (modified/upgraded)

Mains & Network:
Mains distribution: DCT03 + 432 Point5 4-way NAC3FPX & NAC3FPX (DIY)
Mains cables: H07RN-F 3 x 2.5mm with NAC3FX & NAC3MX (DIY)
Network swtich: Netgear ProSafe GS105 5-port Gigabit Switch
Network cables: Lindy Cromo CAT6

Last edited:
Due to a system move around I currently have a 3m set of LS-25 speaker cable available if anyone is interested? Also a stunning IC-25 din to xlr for Naim. Please let me know if I’m mot allowed to post this here.

Hi hopefully I wont get stoned or barred for the blasphemy of mentioning AV on this site but hopefully its still applicable, I ordered a set of the EWA LS-80 cable for the main speakers (which I use for hi-fi audio listening) but decided I might as well upgrade the centre cable at the same time but couldn't afford/justify LS-80s for that so ordered a length of LS-25 cable.
For AV I have a Marantz AV8802 preamp with a Primare A30.7 power amp driving the surround channels , my centre channel speaker is a KEF R600C, originally connected with Chord Odyssey 4 cable. I left the Hegel powered down so the main left and right channels weren’t being driven. I quickly selected a couple of things that I thought would be dialog heavy, watched a recent clip of the film review with Mark Kermode, and from Blu-ray watched the interview scenes from Bladerunner & Taxi Driver. I’ve had this system for years and know my centre speaker isn’t ideally placed but listening in isolation my thoughts were yes this isn’t great, pretty muffled which got me thinking what could I do about placement again.
Anyway swapped over to the LS25, I didn’t re run Audyssey to keep things the same. What a difference , it really wasn’t subtle. The sound was clear, not muffled but I was really surprised at what I’ve been missing all these years!
On the film review there was a clip from The Dig with Ralph Fiennes where he removes the pipe from his mouth, didn’t pick up on it with my original cable as it was just a visual but I heard it with the LS25s, another clip from the new film about Capote there was an image of a tape reel being put on a reel to reel recorder, again didn’t really pick up on it but I heard it touch the spindle with the new cable. With the two Blu-ray clips, again voices were clean and more distinct but it was the subtle sounds of rustling paper, creaks of someone moving in a chair, mouth sounds etc the difference in atmospherics was palpable . If Id upgraded my centre speaker or AV preamp I would have been more than pleased with the improvement. I changed from Chord Odyssey 2 to Tellurium Silver Mk1 a while ago on a secondary system driving KEF LS-50s and it was a worthwhile upgrade but in my experience the LS-25 is a significant improvement over the Silver Mk1. PS And Im now not worried about my centre speaker placement :)

Just a note about Bi-Amping with LS25
The SECA, Q20, M50, M50A , M100 series and the Claymore, All the power amp stages have the same gain.
So you can mix and match, but it would be silly to put a Q20 with a M100TS or Turbo.
But a good match with Claymore and M50.

... but decided I might as well upgrade the centre cable at the same time but couldn't afford/justify LS-80s for that so ordered a length of LS-25 cable.

LS-25 for centre speaker in Home Theater? Wowzers.. That may explain why my centre channel sounded muddled when I had it back in the day (cheap cables used for centre and rear surround channels). Good to hear the transformation it had made to the movies.

I’m guessing that quite a few people who have read the many extremely enthusiastic reports on Colin’s cables will be wondering if his amps are equally good. Well I am a VERY happy owner of the M100TS and so I can tell you as someone who has heard a lot of very good amps that yes they are. I can sum up my thoughts on the amp in two words: end game.

I tried it Col; amazing lack of background noise! Trouble is the utter lack of foreground sound as well :p

I’m guessing that quite a few people who have read the many extremely enthusiastic reports on Colin’s cables will be wondering if his amps are equally good. Well I am a VERY happy owner of the M100TS and so I can tell you as someone who has heard a lot of very good amps that yes they are. I can sum up my thoughts on the amp in two words: end game.

That is you can try the wet string first Ian.;)

Take care all, OH just a warning I am getting e-mail from a Mr Stuart Forrest with a shit and hate filled video attached spreading crap and false information about all the vaccines for the Covid Bug, yes it is from the USA before you ask. Please do not open it especially with kids about it is horrid and lies.

On Tuesday Alan and I was discussing a design for a new version but much more flexible replacement to LS5.
So keep your ear open and wait for the release date, we have finalize and test the new design before we let is hunt down and kill.
So watch this site:-https://www.abcaudio.biz/blog-2
Now I must get back to the super integrated amp, hot soldering waits for no geek.

hmm have to say I am still puzzled by Colin departure from Tellurium Q... so I did check on gov website. I though if you follow the money (shares) you will get to the true story..

From Annual Return 2010, I can see that TelluriumQ is own by IPI Technology 90% and Doctrina Media 10%
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06973055/filing-history

So I go to IPI Technology, and I can see from annual return in 2010 it is own by Colin Wonfor 49% Geoff Merrigan 49% and Malcolm Gordon 2%.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06383382/filing-history

But... in 2015 Annual records:
Malcom Gordon has transfered 2% to Geoff, and now Geoff has 51% and Colin 49%. So Geoff controlls IPI Technolgy, which owns TQ.

Than I can see that in TQ, Colins position as director is terminated, and new appointment is: Pamela Anne Merrigan. Colin position is also terminated at IPI Technology and Geoff owns 100% of IPI shares.

In late 2017 IPI Technology is devolved. In TQ, 45% of shares transferred from IPI to Geoff Merrigan and 45% Pamela Anne Merrigan. So.. Merrigan family owns 90% of TQ.

To me it looks like nasty company takeover by Geoff. Am I right?

Merry Xmas TQ I hope you all burn in chestnuts.

advertisement

Back