advertisement

Falcon Acoustics re-introduce the Q7 MiniMonitor.

Come on by, I'll show you 'quiet'. The ls3/5a with a pair of Quad IIs will put the wind in your hair.
I'm in Kuala Lumpur
My neighbour downstairs has a pair, driven by valves, playing Chinese opera quietly. This is very like girl and guitar in equipment demands.

I'm in Kuala Lumpur
... playing Chinese opera quietly. This is very like girl and guitar in equipment demands.

But nothing like it in terms of listenability!
(Lived in HK for many years, I've heard Chinese opera live...:eek::eek:)

There’s a bit of a hold up on delivery.
It’s a shame about Covid regulations, as Falcon is only about 15 miles away.
It would have been a nice trip out...

Other than Covid, (which everyone seems to be using) for any delays these days is there’s any other reason for delays. How difficult is it to dispatch items their website clearly says are in stock? The Brexit excuse has obviously worn thin it seems.

I guess it depends on how many people are actually going into work to dispatch them. In the current situation I would think the fewer the better.

Last edited:
I did wonder...
I’ve always tried to interpret correctly, but sometimes get it wrong.
A background in science taught me to tread carefully.

My Pair arrived yesterday. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to assemble them. The quality of the cabinets and parts are excellent.
I just went went with the Walnut and basic crossover. I have them on my Partington Super Dreadnought speaker stands about 30cm from the back wall.
Wow! It sounds like an LS3/5A with cajones. Just what I was after. Seems to match really well with my Marantz PM5005 amp which uses current feedback
which helps to drive difficult speakers.

I've ordered a 1969 Hood 10 watt class A amp from China to see how it will work with them. I don't tend to listen
at loud volumes. These are the best speakers I've ever owned and knowing I put them together just adds a little bit of pride to the ownership.

PS What a lovely guy Jerry at Falcon is, he couldn't have been more helpful.

My Pair arrived yesterday. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to assemble them. The quality of the cabinets and parts are excellent.
I just went went with the Walnut and basic crossover. I have them on my Partington Super Dreadnought speaker stands about 30cm from the back wall.
Wow! It sounds like an LS3/5A with cajones. Just what I was after. Seems to match really well with my Marantz PM5005 amp which uses current feedback
which helps to drive difficult speakers.

I've ordered a 1969 Hood 10 watt class A amp from China to see how it will work with them. I don't tend to listen
at loud volumes. These are the best speakers I've ever owned and knowing I put them together just adds a little bit of pride to the ownership.

PS What a lovely guy Jerry at Falcon is, he couldn't have been more helpful.

Hi thx for the report.
So it's like a more dynamic LS3/5A ? what LS3/5A's do you relate to?

advertisement

Back