advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A triptych of images taken on the day we arrived for a family holiday in Tenerife back in 2017. Got a bit carried away by the wonderful terracotta coloured architecture of the hotel we were staying in!

50868092756_9faf5953b7_b.jpg

Fujifilm X100T

50867372633_44a116e8c9_b.jpg

Fujifilm X100T

50868092811_e2c0946512_b.jpg

Fujifilm X-T2 / XF16-55mm f2.8

Lefty

Aye...not bad...;-]

It's actually a 208 which was the 2 litre version (still a V8) made to slip under a tax threshold apparently. Reading the blurb, it's 'Azzuro metallic' which was factory spec.

208's were developed as a tax break in the Italian market, even TVR got in the game and released a 2 litre V8S in the early 90's using a sleeved Rover V8 for the Italian market only, but bolted a supercharger to it for some extra oomph!!!!

Its certainly an unusual factory colour and very different to the more common reds, blacks and silvers.

Here's another unusual colour - well shade or red - Chianti Red, on the Steve McQueen 275TGB/4, a finish that changes from bright red (similar to the standard Rosso Red) under bright lights to quite a deep burgundy red in different lighting - a pearl paint before pearl paints ??

Steve McQueen's Ferrari 275GTB/4
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Thanks to Amar @Lefty for the tip re RNI Films. Just downloaded the demo version, and am really impressed so far. Only really one example of each film stock, but it's very effective.

This is Porta 400 (my favourite print film in MF).

Car Barn RNI by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Excellent! Great to see you got the demo and from the looks of it, certainly seems like you've got the hang of it. It definitely suits some images more than others but this is absolutely spot on! (I'm a huge Portra 400 fan having shot it on 35mm) I presume you're using it in Adobe?

@Lefty

HI Amar - yes, using it via Adobe which is working well as it just appears in the presets list (as you well know). Even with my non-existent IT skill this was an easy task. Been having a lot of fun this afternoon going through stuff in my LR catalogue and Portra 400 works so, so well.

Last edited:
@Gromit Really pleased you're enjoying it :)

The way I justified the price to myself was that whilst it's not cheap, neither is shooting film. Indeed, the cost of shooting and developing film seems to be heading in one direction only and whilst I enjoyed my brief return to film back in 2017, I just can't see myself picking it up again in any serious way. (A shame but I have to be honest with myself).

Lefty

@Gromit Really pleased you're enjoying it :)

The way I justified the price to myself was that whilst it's not cheap, neither is shooting film. Indeed, the cost of shooting and developing film seems to be heading in one direction only and whilst I enjoyed my brief return to film back in 2017, I just can't see myself picking it up again in any serious way. (A shame but I have to be honest with myself).

Lefty

That's a good and valid point re the cost of film, even the hardware is shooting up in price. What was dirt cheap just 3 or 4 years ago is now worth many times more. I do use film occasionally but like you I'm not sure I can justify it in the long term. Much as I love using the Hasselblad (there's still nothing in photography as mechanically satisfying as firing the shutter on a 500C/M) I'm just concerned it will end up a valuable paperweight which would be so sad. If I lived somewhere like the Lakes or the Peak District it'd probably get a lot more use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back