advertisement

Marantz CD63 Remote not working

337alant

Negatively Biased
I have a Marantz CD63 Mk2 Ki Sig and the remote control is not working
All functions are working on the CD players front panel buttons
I haven't used this player in a while but Im sure the remote worked last time I used it ?
I have put new batteries in it and When I look at the LED with a phone camera it appears to be transmitting
Is there any way to re-program the remote?

Alan

I can't think of an easy to way to check Alan. I'm just thinking that if the function buttons on the player are working and you can definitely see the LED on the remote transmitting, then the remaining part of the chain is the receiver on the player. Suitable used Marantz remotes must be pretty common and inexpensive on ebay and it might be as well to definitively rule out the remote before launching into fault fining on the player itself. At the worst you'll end up with a spare remote.

If a replacement remote doesn't work then I'd be looking at the voltage and ripple on the power supply to the display board and the state of the electrolytic caps on that board.

Ok Mike thanks for that
I can't think of an easy to way to check Alan. I'm just thinking that if the function buttons on the player are working and you can definitely see the LED on the remote transmitting, then the remaining part of the chain is the receiver on the player. Suitable used Marantz remotes must be pretty common and inexpensive on ebay and it might be as well to definitively rule out the remote before launching into fault fining on the player itself. At the worst you'll end up with a spare remote.

If a replacement remote doesn't work then I'd be looking at the voltage and ripple on the power supply to the display board and the state of the electrolytic caps on that board.
Mike
Thanks for that I will look for another remote first
Alan

Well major egg on the face here:rolleyes: :D, there is a switch on the back for internal/external remote and what do you know :D:oops:o_O:rolleyes:
Alls well that ends well
Alan
Lol.

I once spent ages trying to fix a 'faulty' CD player after I'd accidentally put it into auto pause mode.

I took the lid off it yesterday to check for leaky or bulging caps but inside is immaculate looks like new
It was was when I was putting the lid back on I noticed the switch :rolleyes:

These are a really great sounding CD player but I still prefer your old Phillips CD104:cool:
Alan

Alan, at least you found it. I had a similar problem. Just got a S/H Farnell LFM2 sig gen they were throwing out at work. Re-capped it but found that the square wave was tailing off at lower F's, but sometimes was OK. Eventually traced it to the switch on the oscilloscope. Sometimes I'd switch to DC coupled (good square) or AC coupled (tailing off). I'd spent about 2hrs trying to sort what I thought was a dodgy square-wave switch in the lfm2 before the penny dropped!

advertisement

Back