advertisement

Is it time to ostracise China?

Rodrat

pfm Member
Given the human right concerns, building islands in international waters and now giving the WHO the run around, should the West use a total trade embargo to bring them to heel? obviously this would hurt us as well.

Absolutely. In fact we should bomb the whole place flat!

But the new US administration will do zero, because they're almost as bad themselves, and Europe will so zero because they're lame.

Nothing wrong with China.

Think about it: who would you rather have running the planet, the US or China?

It's the US we should ostracize, they've set civilisation back years.

Anyway the country we should really encourage is Finland.

I’m very weary of China and the CCP, they have had big ambitions for decades..

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...ar-that-china-s-goal-is-to-dominate-the-world

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Covid was released to achieve this.. Wuhan with 11 million people was fully locked down in an authoritarian style, no planes, no ferries, no subways etc. when there were less than 50 deaths in total... They knew exactly what was on it’s way.

We have 1800 deaths a day and still you can get on the tube and planes are landing here from Europe.

Popcorn and chair sorted, this is going to be good.

China has needed bringing to heel for a very long time, nothing will ever be done and they will carry on systematically abusing animals for as long as they like as people don’t genuinely care!

We should have had a complete trade embargo and ended diplomatic relations with USA under trump!!
Meanwhile there are worse/as bad countries than China... isreal first and foremost but also Saudi Arabia, Burma, Russia and several others. As we are sick enough to provide arms and military training to most of these evil regimes and to make up any excuse to continue doing business with them (quite literally putting profit before human life) we should put an embargo on ourselves as well!!:rolleyes:

There is also the little matter of most of the goods we buy are made in China! No trade with China means no smart phones, computers, TV sets, mass market hi fi and on a more mundane level unless you are paying loadsa money for very upmarket brands everything from your toaster to your kettle to your trainers will be made in China... they've kinda got us by the balls there in a way no other single nation has!

Popcorn and chair sorted, this is going to be good.

China has needed bringing to heel for a very long time, nothing will ever be done and they will carry on systematically abusing animals for as long as they like as people don’t genuinely care!

given the UK’s animal husbandry , the disgusting way pigs and poultry are raised, the factory methods we use to suffocate fish in their millions, the way we allow un-stunned slaughter it isn’t “we” don’t care, we are the same.

China is a huge and fascinating place, and from what I can tell (I’ve never been there) way, way too diverse in every possible way to pigeonhole. I have zero tolerance for communism, fascism, monarchy, oligarchy or any other dictatorship, but almost all folk there will have no say in that one at all by definition, so hard to draw firm conclusions. By saying that I do try to buy as little as possible product made in any dictatorship, though it is impossible to avoid China as nearly all computer and comms equipment is made there. Beyond that I’ll pay the extra for UK, EU or American-made product where I can.

I agree the animal rights is very poor/non-existent, but as long as we still have psychopathic Tories hunting foxes with dogs and horses etc we have no right to criticise anyone elsewhere on the planet. Our barbarism does not have the excuse of poverty or ignorance. We obviously have battery farming as a major method of meat/poultry farming too, so zero high-ground upon which to stand. As a vegetarian I obviously set my own standards here.

Sept 2019 mate of my optician was finishing a contract in 'research' near Wuhan. Stopped off here on his way to new contract in Canada...epidemiology or some such. This chap has always had a grim outlook on life...kinda like Marvin from HHGTTG.

Quote....'What is on its way from China will change the world.....for a long time.

Who knew!

given the UK’s animal husbandry , the disgusting way pigs and poultry are raised, the factory methods we use to suffocate fish in their millions, the way we allow un-stunned slaughter it isn’t “we” don’t care, we are the same.

No we are not. We have a lot to do to put our house in order but the level of magnitude of animal cruelty in China is off the scale in comparison. I have posted twice before with examples of the sort of barbarism their culture encourages. If you like I can give you all a refresher here. Just say the word!

Actually sod that, here are some examples:
  • Dogs and cats are, amongst other things, boiled, stabbed, drowned, bludgeoned, strangled, poisoned, hanged, and electrocuted...experiencing unbearable pain as their legs are routinely broken while trussed up and hung in local markets for human consumption, or skinned alive and cast off like garbage, for the despicable fur trade.
  • Dogs (both owned and stray) are relentlessly hunted down by 'police authorised' roving mobs and savagely beaten to death by the hundreds of thousands, in the name of 'rabies' control.
  • Bears suffer a lifetime of excruciating pain as they are surgically mutilated and milked each day for their gall bile. Their paws taken as delicacies for the Chinese restaurant trade or ground into powdered 'medicines'. The use of bear parts supplying the traditional Chinese medicine trade and exotic meat market is the major reason why bear species are declining around the world. Endangered species of bears are fast becoming extinct.
  • Rhinos are butchered for their horns and are now highly endangered.
  • Sharks - over 70-100 million sharks per annum are 'finned' and their carcasses dumped into the sea, to accommodate Chinese' growing taste for shark fin soup.
  • Turtles - 20 million turtles are devoured in China per annum. Slaughtered alive & fully conscious, their heads are decapitated and crushed. Two thirds of the world's turtles are now threatened with extinction.
  • Elephants - elephant tusks are carved into ivory trinkets - their feet hacked off for stools and coffee table legs.
  • Seals - China's role in the single, largest mass butchery of marine mammals on Earth, the annual Canadian seal slaughter, happens in part, so that dried seal penises can be turned into aphrodisiacs to "theoretically" increase the libidos of elderly men engaging in sex (there is an even more sinister element to this, but let's not go there right now)
  • Zoo slaughter - live domestic pets, as well as cows and chickens, are fed to lions and tigers for the "entertainment" of visitors at Chinese zoos. Zoo officials encourage guests to buy domestic animals on the premises, and feed them to the carnivores through special vending flaps fitted onto tourist buses...allowing individuals to throw chickens and other live animals to the waiting predators.
  • Animals are used as "dried" ingredients in traditional Chinese 'medicines' and killed in the billions such as tiger parts, crocodile bile, deer musk, sea horses, lizards, sea cucumbers, powdered antlers, dog penis, pangolin (scaly anteaters), only to name a few on a seemingly unending list. All are considered no more than 'products' to be abused and murdered in the most monstrous ways possible, even if it means permanently wiping many of these species from the face of the planet in order to fulfill often frivolous, antiquated and selfish needs.
  • Chinese traditional 'medicine' industry - a nonsense hocus pocus, and not grounded in any form of science, practice that routinely involves cruelty to animals or hunting them to extinction from the large (e.g. tigers) to the small (e.g. pangolins).
Obviously I am not blaming the entire nation of Chinese people in general and I am not absolving the West from many of their own practices that are less than pleasant towards animals and must also be addressed, but as I have said before China is on a whole other level and the government and a proportion of the population do think much of the above is acceptable. It isn't!!!

advertisement

Back