advertisement

Official President Biden Thread

Yebbut they're not gloves, they're mittens, like what small children wear. I wonder if they've got a bit of elastic tying them together so one doesn't get lost?
I had a piece of string tying my mittens together when I was a child, looped through the arms of my coat. I waved to a friend across the street once and punched myself on the nose with my other hand.

These days I hold myself together with pieces of elastic. They don’t stop me from getting lost, though - usually between the stairs and the kitchen.

BBC journalist embarasses the UK:

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1352742713905524737

I like the way Psaki swats the question away with the contempt it deserves.

It is utterly pathetic. 100% Britain First/UKIP revisionist WWII gammon wet dream fantasy. Sadly this is what alt-right ethnic nationalism is. Just another sad episode in the same series that saw Nigel Farage Hitlering in the EU parliament. We have a very, very long way to go before the Trump/Tea Party/Q-Anon culture is removed from here.

The supreme irony being that Churchill would view the likes of Farage, Trump, Johnson, Gove, Cummings, etc with utter contempt. It's the same sort of toxic nationalism that ultimately led to the very regime that Churchill fought against!

BBC journalist embarasses the UK:

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1352742713905524737

I like the way Psaki swats the question away with the contempt it deserves.

I mean you can literally see Sopel laughing here, although such nonsense is about what I would expect from the mouth breathing idiot Bastani.

I asked a v serious question about Joe Biden's pick for Treasury Sec saying there'd be no free trade deals while focus is on American workers and infrastructure, and where that left prospects for US/UK Trade Deal - a major concern for Brit govt. And that was light-hearted aside

The supreme irony being that Churchill would view the likes of Farage, Trump, Johnson, Gove, Cummings, etc with utter contempt. It's the same sort of toxic nationalism that ultimately led to the very regime that Churchill fought against!

I doubt it. Churchill was a racist **** to the very bowels of his soul...

I'm really torn over which one I like better.

D5mEZd4.jpg

35c3shL.jpg

Joe
The way he's showing up everywhere he may be a tribble.

That's only half the problem. Here in Boston the existing doses are being rolled out very very slowly, with many of the hospitals vaccinating all of their workers, including billing staff, management, and those who work from home. I don't think any of the general public have yet been vaccinated - only healthcare, first responders, care homes, prisons and homeless shelters.

That's only half the problem. Here in Boston the existing doses are being rolled out very very slowly, with many of the hospitals vaccinating all of their workers, including billing staff, management, and those who work from home. I don't think any of the general public have yet been vaccinated - only healthcare, first responders, care homes, prisons and homeless shelters.

Our 65+ pilot program in Minnesota started this past week. I heard there were 200,000+ reservations for about 6000 slots!

It sounds like the single dose J&J vaccine could get approved in the next couple of weeks, so that should help.

I'll be turning 65 in July, I don't imagine the under-65s will be scheduled before then anyway.

From Trump's "Who's on first, what's on second, etc." COVID-19 vaccine plan to Biden's "wartime effort:"

US boosting vaccine deliveries amid complaints of shortages

PS- My mom's 67 year old friend called her Office of Aging (Upstate NY county) two weeks ago and she had her first shot last week. Down in LA, my friend's parents went to Dodger Stadium last Thursday and both of them got the first shot as well. All three of them are retired. My mom, 73 years old, is on the waiting list for her different NY county.

Last edited:
Small update: My mom's NYS drive-thru appointment is the first week of March. Still on her county waiting list.

advertisement

Back