advertisement

Long shot - anyone with experience of fake chimneys?

Yup, I only knew this because my neighbor who is an ex-director of a building firm told us when another neighbor had some dodgy work done. How a little old lady is supposed to know she has a responsibility for the geezer up a ladder and know what a RAMS should look like is beyond me. (Luckily we have my neighbor who misses nothing to keep any guys working up our street in line....)
This is news to me.

Where is this requirement on homeowner's set out in Law? Does it apply in every commercial circumstance e.g. do I have to have such paperwork from my car dealership before a mechanic touches a spanner?

However if the Director of Health and Safety at Tarmac Construction gets someone in at home to replace a slate then he'd better be very sure that they are not going to fall off.

Awesome, I'll let my neighbor know he's on the hook for the whole street!

The lead chased into the brickwork on the front is the apron,the lead soakers are what you see under each course of tiles and folded up the sides of the chimney, the stepflashing fits over the soakers and is chased into the brickwork and pointed creating a watertight finish. Hope this helps.

The lead chased into the brickwork on the front is the apron,the lead soakers are what you see under each course of tiles and folded up the sides of the chimney, the stepflashing fits over the soakers and is chased into the brickwork and pointed creating a watertight finish. Hope this helps.

have you got a link to an Internet image of a proper job?

have you got a link to an Internet image of a proper job?

few good examples on the very mini estate next door, not wanting to take a picture as bit of a disturbance there the other night. false chimneys, text book installation. the comnpany that built them were local builders, i worked for them in the 70's and my son served his apprenticeship with them.

That looks like a shocking job carried out by cowboys wearing double glazes glasses . I do hope you can get a proper job done it by the builders

in fact I am happy to lob in a chimney breast for free.....Still buyer collects though

I'm genuinely surprised fake chimneys are a thing. Are they structurally sound enough to support a TV / radio antenna?

That's the only logical reason I can think for building one, otherwise it's an utter waste of materials and labour.

I'm genuinely surprised fake chimneys are a thing. Are they structurally sound enough to support a TV / radio antenna?

That's the only logical reason I can think for building one, otherwise it's an utter waste of materials and labour.

If it had been an option we wouldn’t have one! The planning documents suggest that the ‘landscape’ adviser to local planning pointed out typically properties in the village have chimneys, so despite the whole estate having air source heat pumps, chimneys we had!

advertisement

Back