advertisement

Replacement Rega RS5 speakers front and side grilles

Ceri Stokes

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to find replacement grilles for my Rega RS5s speakers I've lost mine and suspect they were thrown out by mistake. I've tried Rega directly who have none left.

Google is not coming up with any answers. I was hoping someone here might be able to help!

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to find replacement grilles for my Rega RS5s speakers I've lost mine and suspect they were thrown out by mistake. I've tried Rega directly who have none left.

Google is not coming up with any answers. I was hoping someone here might be able to help!

For side grilles:
https://www.analogueseduction.net/rega-upgrades-parts-accessories/rega-rs5-side-grill.html

Front is looking doubtful, but you could ask Analogue Seduction?

how are they attached? beyond the possible to make some? Acoustic cloth is cheap enough I used 6 mm mdf to make very light and slim frames for SBLs

Thanks so much for all you replies. The side grille from Analogue seduction is a cached image, I've already spoken to them and they have none left in stock only a RS3 side grille. Someone on another forum has kindly taken measurements and pictures so I will have to look at getting them made.

It looks like something that could be managed with a 3D printed frame and speaker cloth. The parts would be larger than what my printer can print, but I've found good ways of attaching multiple pieces together to make large, strong parts. I'd enjoy a project like that but I live in Spain and would probably need speakers here to take measurements from and try fitting to. If I were local I'd offer to help!

to the O.P., I have 1pc., if I remember well the front one that protects the tweeter/mid (will check it for you tomorrow), and if it's of any use let me know and it's yours FOC - only you have to cover shipping from the EU to the UK

I'm happy to help as well, if I can - and have RS5s - the grilles are a simple plastic frame with speaker cloth glued around. The pegs are on the speakers, rather than the grille frame, so you just have to accommodate holes. If you have a template, there are a slew of vendors who work online who will 3d print your project for you and ship it when done. I'm afraid I've no idea what something that size might cost, but...perhaps an option?

Assuming you have a pattern, I would have thought that some suitable thickness MDF, a drill, cheap jigsaw and some sandpaper and a bit (lot) of patience should get a result. There is plenty of suitable fabric on ebay?
Plenty of time during lockdown, what else is there to do?

if you can find someone to make you a template by drawing around theirs, you might get away with laser cut acrylic and some speaker cloth.

to the O.P., I have 1pc., if I remember well the front one that protects the tweeter/mid (will check it for you tomorrow), and if it's of any use let me know and it's yours FOC - only you have to cover shipping from the EU to the UK
Hi really sorry have just seen this was not receiving notifications. I would love to take you up on the offer if that is ok?

advertisement

Back