advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to give The Wire a watch, I’ve never seen it. Night Stalker sounds good also and Bridgerton has had some decent reviews.

Just need to finish The Crown off first, two episodes of season 4 to go. I think it’s excellent.
The Wire is as good as people say. But it is unlike anything you might have watched before so pay attention. Once you are a couple or three episodes in you will be hooked. There’s a plot summary on HBO which can be handy occasionally. “Listen Carefully” as it says on the box.

Just finished watching the final series of Spiral on iPlayer. Excellent, and good of them to finish before the quality began to drop.
Agreed, loved Spiral all through. Then we watched a film called "The Take" on Netflix and guess who is in it????
My wife shot up and said "Oh, its Gilou, its Gilou"

The Wire is as good as people say. But it is unlike anything you might have watched before so pay attention. Once you are a couple or three episodes in you will be hooked. There’s a plot summary on HBO which can be handy occasionally. “Listen Carefully” as it says on the box.
Yep...night stalker is excellent. Can't get the Wire without paying...is it a freebie somewhere ?

Can't get the Wire without paying...is it a freebie somewhere ?
Not as far as I know. Apple will let you download it by episode for a couple of quid each, and then discount the set if you choose to proceed, so you could try an episode or two and see how you got on. And/or there's someone selling the whole 5 seasons second hand for £17.33 on amazon.co.uk.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I tried The Wire and couldnt follow it, it seemed to require understanding telephone conversations being conducted in noisy office environments.

Too much like hard work, Id rather rewatch Hill Street Blues.

We have found Subtitles really help on the Wire, especially with the Street talk. I’m completely hooked on it, watching it 6 days per week currently.

Cheers BB

I tried The Wire and couldnt follow it, it seemed to require understanding telephone conversations being conducted in noisy office environments.

Too much like hard work, Id rather rewatch Hill Street Blues.
I passed it by when it was on TV 1st time for a similar reason, then after it was mentioned on here had another go last year, it’s genuinely one of the best TV shows I’ve ever seen, even if you have to look up a few phrases or watch bits twice, you soon get caught up in the plot and pick up the language. Being loosely based on real people and stories I think it will be a very long time before someone can or does make another series as complete, worth reading up on the creation of the show.

Saw the first episode of "Bridgerton," but seems a bit....weird. Don't think I'll persevere. On the other hand, the Netflix documentary on Strauss Kahn, "Room 2806", was excellent.

I've watched a couple of episodes of Bridgerton & it is crap. I am now a little bereft after the last episode of Schitt's Creek.

I've watched a couple of episodes of Bridgerton & it is crap. I am now a little bereft after the last episode of Schitt's Creek.
Do a free trial of Starzplay on Amazon, 7 days binge watch a couple —> Counterpart, Mr Mercedes, Pennyworth, Fringe, No Mans Land, Tudors or Doom Patrol. Other channels are available :)

Just finished watching 3 seasons of the 'Unforgotten' on Netflix - Not sure how I missed these when they were on standard TV. I recommend it if you like 'who done it' investigative type of shows

There’s a badum tish somewhere there :)

Just looked it up, I’ve put on ‘my list’, cheers.

Just saw Chernobyl, first episode, and it was very good! Had to follow it with two Seinfeld episodes to avoid nightmares.

One of the things that persuaded me to buy Chernobyl - the mini-series, that is - was the fact that Gillian Anderson appeared on the cover... well, I was sure it was Gillian Anderson until I watched it. It obviously isn't Gillian Anderson so I don't know how I ended up thinking it was. Anyway, great programme all the same.

91vI3D-K0JL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back