advertisement

Great sound on these Sade

Indeed, I recently got a copy of the original 1980’s Sade first album from Tony@Pfm record shop and it sounds as smooth as silk.

I really like the first three, but the first is the high-watermark. Always a guilty pleasure as I was an indie kid and it kind of sat uncomfortably next to Minutemen, Sonic Youth, Foetus, Cocteau Twins etc, but it is a fabulous album that has really stood the test of time IMO.

PS The original issue CDs are great too (either Japanese or Austrian, black text on raw silver). Nice quiet masters with uncompressed dynamics, so turn ‘em up! The remasters just aren’t as good IMO.

I have a UK 'no barcode' CD made in Japan.

Sound excellent and can be picked up for next to nothing.

universal never actually mention what the source is , but you do get a nice certficate
how do you get a 24/96 digital file to run at half speed !
ArticleSharedImage-57507_zpssiievjib.jpg

If it is the black print on a silver disc (i.e. no colour paint) is as far as I’m aware exactly the same master. I’ve had them both and I can’t tell them apart.

The copies released in the USA are very different and IIRC actually use different mixes for the singles. UK or Japanese is allegedly the one to have on CD, and UK on vinyl.

Several comments on Amazon that these new pressings are poorly produced with lots of surface damage, and also reports there that there are many similar problems reported elsewhere online.

advertisement

Back