advertisement

The Parler hack

Despicable as many users are and as dubious as Parler no doubt is, I'm rather concerned by the whiff of inverse McCarthyism at play here......

Actually no, I'm not, you can't 'play fair' with these fcukers.

Just a reminder that this wasn’t a dark web operation: when it was launched it was framed as just another “free speech” conservative platform like Quillette or Unherd or The Spectator : Twitter for c****, basically. It’s re-framing now by mainstream outlets as intrinsically transgressive is really weird, given that they’re still mainstreaming equivalent outfits like Guido and defending The Spectator’s god-given right to celebrate Nazism. I really don’t get it.

I agree, which is why we should spotlight these things at every opportunity. Highlight the narrative, challenge it, defund it. #StopFundingHate. For consistency please remember I remove all links to Guido Fawkes etc from this site as I view it as a far-right propaganda site, just as I remove links to Britain First, EDL, BNP etc, and for balance I very openly criticised/deleted when anyone laughably identifying as left-wing shovelled hours of Putin’s RT YouTube shite or whatever onto my site. I remove members who consistently post radicalised shit.

As ever, one has zero tolerance of fascism, or one doesn’t. I guess in a month or two we’ll know what Labour’s focus groups think!

PS Again, key fact here is *public servants* using extremist platforms. If someone is paid by the tax payer I expect a certain standard of integrity and decency. I do not want a single penny of my tax spent on say Nadine bloody Dorries writing something predictably gammony on some dodgy far-right messaging platform she shares with Katie Hopkins, Steve Bannon etc! Don’t want the bright spotlight? Then don’t take the job and the pay cheque! If I’m paying I’m holding to account!

Gerard Batten put the word out last year to his Twitter followers: “ I’m over on Parler now along with Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins, why don’t you join us there.” Well, it looks like the call was answered,

“At least 14 Conservative MPs, including several ministers, cabinet minister Michael Gove and a number of prominent Tory commentators joined Parler, the social media platform favoured by the far right that was forced offline last week for hosting threats of violence and racist slurs”.

It’s the vuvuzela of the Gammonreich.

It is the choice to use and effectively endorse/legitimise such a platform as much as what is written. No way in hell would I go and talk about vintage Tannoys, idler decks or whatever on a Britain First, EDL, UKIP or KKK site. I’d just not want to be there or be seen to be there.

I often wonder what these political and radical people use for their sound systems.

John Major uses a B&O music centre.

Stephen Fry uses a Quad 33/303 combo, dunno what speakers he has.

I often wonder what these political and radical people use for their sound systems.

John Major uses a B&O music centre.

Stephen Fry uses a Quad 33/303 combo, dunno what speakers he has.
Ted Heath had a full Quad set up inc 57s

Last edited:
It is the choice to use and effectively endorse/legitimise such a platform as much as what is written. No way in hell would I go and talk about vintage Tannoys, idler decks or whatever on a Britain First, EDL, UKIP or KKK site. I’d just not want to be there or be seen to be there.

You know, we should do that, descend onto their platforms and stifle their gammon incensed rage with star trek quotes and pony pictures and lengthy cable discussions.

That'd be genius.

Gerard Batten put the word out last year to his Twitter followers: “ I’m over on Parler now along with Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins, why don’t you join us there.” Well, it looks like the call was answered,

If Gerard Batten achieved one thing it is to remove all doubt that UKIP is a racist/fascist entity. It is exactly the same festering pile of shit as the National Front, the Ku Klux Klan, The BNP, EDL, Britain First and all the rest of them. Farage always attempted (and failed) to keep a thin smokescreen of establishment respectability and plausibility on what was clearly a xenophobic far-right party. I guess the Tories stole that particular circus with Johnson’s similarly Bannon-influenced strategy.

If Gerard Batten achieved one thing it is to remove all doubt that UKIP is a racist/fascist entity. It is exactly the same festering pile of shit as the National Front, the Ku Klux Klan, The BNP, EDL, Britain First and all the rest of them. Farage always attempted (and failed) to keep a thin smokescreen of establishment respectability and plausibility on what was clearly a xenophobic far-right party. I guess the Tories stole that particular circus with Johnson’s similarly Bannon-influenced strategy.

Fascism and racism are non-interchangable. Fascism is also a street movement and that is why it needs to be defeated on the streets. UKIP is a nasty racist organisation but they haven't organised like NF, BNP EDL etc, and are not (yet) a fascist movement in my view. Some of the 'America First' crowd were fascists for sure, but many were old fashioned racists. It's important to be able to distinguish because that's key to defeating them. Business doesn't need to turn to fascism to protect its investments just now but they may do again in the future...

It's all quite interesting. The big picture is big tech switching from making money out of the far right to no-platforming them, and I guess that fits with the changing of the guard in the US. There's also the exaggeration of the threat, which is the Democrats needing a big scary enemy to justify their own awfulness, and the authoritarian measures that are no doubt coming down the pipe. (And which are going to be aimed primarily at minorities and the left, not the right.)

Closer to home, it's interesting that most of the Tory MPs joined Parler specifically to offer solidarity with Trump when Twitter censured him over the summer - and more specifically still, to demonstrate approval of his stance on BLM. They are in this up to their necks.

So what's going to be especially interesting is watching liberals in the UK a) join in with the exaggeration and authoritarianism, because this is what they love, and b) somehow protect senior Conservative politicians from the implications of all this, which is that they are very disreputable far right nutters. That very much does not fit with their worldview, which is that the Conservative Party is fundamentally legitimate in a way that the left are not.

Fascism and racism are non-interchangable. Fascism is also a street movement and that is why it needs to be defeated on the streets. UKIP is a nasty racist organisation but they haven't organised like NF, BNP EDL etc, and are not (yet) a fascist movement in my view. Some of the 'America First' crowd were fascists for sure, but many were old fashioned racists. It's important to be able to distinguish because that's key to defeating them. Business doesn't need to turn to fascism to protect its investments just now but they may do again in the future...

FWIW I view UKIP as exceptionally dangerous and the most destructive and divisive force in UK politics in my lifetime. By far. Farage is a master con-artist. The very definition of a self-interested wealthy public school elite who, dressed up with disguise of a pint, fag and brown teeth, managed to make racism, isolationism, ethnic nationalism and English exceptionalism mainstream in a way no amount of Oswald Moseleys, Enoch Powells, Nick Griffins or Yaxley Lennons have ever achieved previously. He has very significantly shifted the Overton Window and paved the way for our current pure-Trump alt-right Conservative Party. He also managed to effectively destroy the Labour Party, which is now paralysed with fear trying to figure out exactly how much overt racism and right-wing authoritarianism is ‘marketable’ to it’s institutionalised voters, as ‘none’ clearly isn’t.

Through the actions of this one man and his billionaire disaster capitalist financial backers the UK has now lost its place and credibility in the world and has sacrificed a huge percentage of its future economic potential. The doors have deliberately been slammed very firmly shut on the human rights and civil liberties we have taken for granted for generations and we are at huge risk of finishing the Trump/Tea Party alt-right popularist trajectory this country so clearly embarked upon. If UKIP aren’t fascist then this is unquestionably how fascism starts. All of the signs from history are there.

PS Gerard Batten is IMHO a low-IQ racist prick. He is of no danger. Had he led UKIP from the off none of this mess would have occurred as he’d just just be considered yet another Nick Griffin or whatever.

If UKIP aren’t fascist then this is unquestionably how fascism starts. All of the signs from history are there.

Unquestionably - the Nazi core could grow and attempt to take over the nationalist popular element. That’s the current tactic of the fascists in the US. They will often attempt to present a moderate veneer and stand in elections etc but ultimately fascists are about controling through violence and terror. One of the keys to defeating the NF in the 70s was to call them out as Nazis - I don't think that label would stick to ukip, it has to be credible.

As we now, effectively, have the Brexit party in Government, one shouldn’t be surprised by this.

Ironic that Brexit was all about the Tories stopping votes leaching out to the UKIP.

instead, they became the UKIP.

Stephen

One of the keys to defeating the NF in the 70s was to call them out as Nazis - I don't think that label would stick to ukip, it has to be credible.
In the 70s there were plenty of people around who had gone through WW2 or were at least very familiar with them
Not many WW2 generation left now and you don't see that much on the TV anymore

Unquestionably - the Nazi core could grow and attempt to take over the nationalist popular element. That’s the current tactic of the fascists in the US. They will often attempt to present a moderate veneer and stand in elections etc but ultimately fascists are about controling through violence and terror. One of the keys to defeating the NF in the 70s was to call them out as Nazis - I don't think that label would stick to ukip, it has to be credible.
Like Trump, UKIP leaders have been very careful to avoid implicating themselves as they preach. The evidence comes more from UKIP members who are less inhibited and if you look at the general discourse among their followers on social media or the comments sections of their favoured newspapers, it’s riddled with outright racism and sectarianism - like calling for the elected Mayor of London to be ‘taken out and executed for treason’.

Like Trump, UKIP leaders have been very careful to avoid implicating themselves as they preach. The evidence comes more from UKIP members who are less inhibited and if you look at the general discourse among their followers on social media or the comments sections of their favoured newspapers, it’s riddled with outright racism and sectarianism - like calling for the elected Mayor of London to be ‘taken out and executed for treason’.

I take the point but ukip just isn't a nazi organisation. It certainly counts some individuals among its membership but that's not the same thing. In a battle against nazis it's essential to be able to peel away those who aren't the hardcore.

Under Farage’s leadership there was a real effort to conceal the fascism and racism. He and his pimp Banks fully grasped a racist far-right nationalist party had been tried many times in the UK and failed, so the real nutters tended to be expelled quite visibly. After Farage cashed-in his winnings the party jumped the shark and was happy to parade its racist junk with Yaxley Lennon and other convicted racist thugs and white supremacists. Now it is really just another Britain First or BNP. It has zero credibility.

UKIP was always linked to white supremacy and the far-right/fascism, the mere presence of Steve Bannon in the mix and the toadying-up to the Tea Party/Trump and Front National assures that. The party openly aligned with the dregs of the European far-right in the EU parliament, so much indisputable historical evidence here. Farage and Banks just had the intellect to erect a media smokescreen of plausibility in front of their truly ugly and destructive ideology. Bottom line is they won and the UK is largely ruined economically and socially as a result. It will likely take generations to rebuild.

advertisement

Back