advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all votes in Congress are public. I assume it's the same in Parliament?

From here
All voting in Congress is a matter of public record. However, not all floor votes are roll call votes. There are voice votes (“aye” or “no”) and division or standing votes (where the presiding officer counts Members), and these types of votes do not indicate by name how a member voted.

5nf8iks0rjn5.jpg

If Trump pardons these people he will be admitting that he ordered them to riot in the Capitol. Somehow I can't see that happening...

T***p won’t pardon them because it would increase the odds of the Senate convicting him on the impeachment charge.

If Trump pardons these people he will be admitting that he ordered them to riot in the Capitol. Somehow I can't see that happening...

Could he give a blanket pardon to the whole mob, or would he have to name each person individually?

Other Presidents: it's good to keep them informed so they can advise the current president and others.
Trump: forget it.
There is a great quote by a president from the past, advising that the best way to deal with ex-presidents is chloroform.

There is also a great Vice-President quote, that I actually remember:

There were two brothers. One ran away to sea and the other became Vice-President. Neither has been heard from since.

Is this by law, or just a courtesy or norm?
I imagine the latter, but don't actually know.

Speaking of courtesy and norms, the outgoing President for quite a while has gotten a military send-off ceremony. The Pentagon puts on an event where troops pass in review, the top brass all give speeches about the President's excellent accomplishments, etc. Trump isn't getting one.

I imagine the latter, but don't actually know.

Speaking of courtesy and norms, the outgoing President for quite a while has gotten a military send-off ceremony. The Pentagon puts on an event where troops pass in review, the top brass all give speeches about the President's excellent accomplishments, etc. Trump isn't getting one.

I thought he had requested his own event at Joint Base Andrews on the morning of the 20th?

I can’t believe the debacle of the last few weeks. The guy is dangerous, full stop. He lost control and he knows it. He pushed and pushed at the edges. It was bound to fall one day.
And now he has released a whole can of worms, giving them permission and status. This is going to be a bumpy few months I think. I hope Biden shuts it down quickly. As for Trump, I just want him gone. He has been a disaster for relations, health, the environment and Decency. Any American who cannot see this needs to seriously look at themselves.

Yet he has made people look at the US constitution, and hopefully see that the US electoral system does not belong in a democracy. He's also forced the rest of the world to do the same, which is (perhaps) his greatest, if accidental, achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back