advertisement

Arkless 640P "Dr T Mode"/current input version interest check

So, to be clear the £££ I spent on my turbo version is now.... wasted - if I want to got for the upgrade ? The link you sent me does not seem to explain the Dr T mod - unless it is on a white font / white background Jez :)

It's a different amplifier. Simple as that. I can covert it to the GTI if you like but you lose the MM capability. The Arkless 640P Turbo+ was the ultimate expression of the MM and MC switchable version and a great phono stage in its own right. If I were you I'd be considering keeping this one as is and get another donor unit... unless of course you prefer to use your £430 (IIRC) model as a donor unit rather than get another for £40 - 90.

The link does explain the "Dr T" circuit. I hate using that term as it's merely a Dynavector marketing term for current input/transimpedance amplification but for the title of this thread I thought more people would have heard of the term than of the alternatives....

If you read through this thread from the beginning it has loads more detail about it and many reviews on it:)

Jez

Can you source donor 640P locally and ship the finished (GTI article) overseas?

YOU can source one on UK ebay/whatever, and have it sent straight to me and I can then send it overseas on completion. I have one here for a customer in the West Atlantic colonies already.

Just thought I’d bung a quick update to this thread. Received my GTI Turbo about a month ago. For various reasons, it didn’t get installed immediately but it’s been absolutely singing in my system lately. I’m using a VPI Prime Sig with a Hana ML and even my crusty old vinyl is fresh, vibrant, and full of colour and subtlety I’ve not heard before. There’s real energy, scale and body, but also a sense of structure (soundstage, timing, imaging) that I’ve not had from my vinyl before.

Thanks Jez, this is a keeper.

Just thought I’d bung a quick update to this thread. Received my GTI Turbo about a month ago. For various reasons, it didn’t get installed immediately but it’s been absolutely singing in my system lately. I’m using a VPI Prime Sig with a Hana ML and even my crusty old vinyl is fresh, vibrant, and full of colour and subtlety I’ve not heard before. There’s real energy, scale and body, but also a sense of structure (soundstage, timing, imaging) that I’ve not had from my vinyl before.

Thanks Jez, this is a keeper.

Cheers for that Steve:) I was wondering how you were getting along with it just the other day...

Hi Jez,
Came across this thread for your phono. Happens ive been thinking of looking for a new phonostage recently. I currently have a DIY valve mm phono bought from here or AOS. Is your demo one still available and if so can I be added to the list please?

Hi Jez,
Came across this thread for your phono. Happens ive been thinking of looking for a new phonostage recently. I currently have a DIY valve mm phono bought from here or AOS. Is your demo one still available and if so can I be added to the list please?

You do know that the GTi is MC only?

Reactions: Evo
As a previous recepient of the stage and on the waiting list to have one built having heard it! Can I ask where you are with builds Jez? Are you still snowed under with work? I’d love to get mine to you in due course.. :cool:

As a previous recepient of the stage and on the waiting list to have one built having heard it! Can I ask where you are with builds Jez? Are you still snowed under with work? I’d love to get mine to you in due course.. :cool:

Still slowly working through all the second wave ones that people sent in after PM'ing to say "I know you said you would post when you are ready to take in another batch but can I get the guy I've just bought one off to post it straight to you?".... which became about another dozen! Obvs other work on top of that plus busy with a custom build and a new power amp design.
Shouldn't be too long but I'll post when I'm ready to take some more in and send the demo unit out again:)

advertisement

Back