advertisement

Streaming thru Hifi

Steve Burns

Hello

Have an old but not too bad hifi system - I am after recomendations for a simple way to stream music through it eg from Deezer. It will be into a Naim pre-amp - using old 5 pin din connectors.

Cheers
Steve

Naim DIN to 2xRCA cable. then take your pick of streamers with analogue out. Plenty threads if you search. Budget? To name but a few

Raspberry Pi with DAC Hat
SONOS
BlueSound Node2i
SBT
Yamaha

Or any of the Naim ones ND5XS for example

A Google Audio Chromecast is the simplest way i can think of and cheap. I have used one for years, doesn't even need an external DAC. I power mine with a large powerbank rather than the cheap wall plug, this makes it far more audiophile.

They should be less than £30 off of eBay, i am not sure they make them anymore.

It sounds way, way, way better than it should.

You will need a 3.5mm jack to Naim cable

A Google Audio Chromecast is the simplest way i can think of and cheap. I have used one for years, doesn't even need an external DAC. I power mine with a large powerbank rather than the cheap wall plug, this makes it far more audiophile.

They should be less than £30 off of eBay, i am not sure they make them anymore.

It sounds way, way, way better than it should.

You will need a 2.5mm jack to Naim cable

...I think you'll find it is 3.5mm not 2.5mm - not trying to be a pedant, just making sure you get the right cable. I use a Chromecast audio along with the Google ethernet adapter/power supply - this means it doesn't rely on wifi for the streaming.... though to be fair the wifi method works pretty well.

Thanks all - some useful pointers there.
To RichardH - I do have a google chromecast device but this only has a HDMI output. Do you mean something else?

Thanks - so it looks like the Chromecast audio coupled with this 3.5 mm jack to 5 pin din adapter (amazon.co.uk/kenable-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00KQUZQ4O?th=1) should do the trick.

To narabdela - that would be a good option as I have the chromecast/HDMI but struggling to find a HDMI/din adapter.

PS couldnt post the full link so dropped the www

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back