advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabayiri

pfm Member
I'm not blaming you. You voted in your own interests. I'd be interested to know whether you took any heed of the 'project fear' arguments at the time, though?
Not really.

Being honest, I didn't think Leave would win. The natural bias is for people to vote for the 'current' they know.

I thought the Leave vote would be significant though. A protest vote then. If the Scottish vote were anything to go by, the government might have followed up by bribing the disaffected regions.

I'll give them a wave :)

I've no problem with good Chinese people. I've worked with them for a long time. They achieve excellent academic results, both here and in the USA.

Did you forget Trump said it first ? "I can't be a racist because Chinese are OK. They even get higher exam results than white people !!" ?
Waste of time talking to Brexiteers they are more slippery than slippery things.

That's nothing, wait 'til you see the sh!t we have to eat once the "benefits" of Brexit really kick in.

I know. We'll soon be getting fed up of all that fresh Cornish mackerel, scallops, crab, lobster, British beef, Wiltshire pork and Welsh hill lamb. We'll be pining for Andouillette in white sauce and those processed plastic German sausages.

I admire your optimism but on the evidence so far, given us English seem wedded to the tories, I suspect we'll more likely have "Mother's Pride", powdered egg, luncheon meat and ration coupons.

Turnips for all! Picked by unemployed human rights lawyers, musicians, artists and scientists! Drain The Swamp! Plant more turnips! The gammon must eat!

Let’s not be pessimistic. You could vary the diet by replacing turnips with swedes once a week.

No Brian. "Hard remainer" is the term you use to describe a character trait. Comparing them to Trump supporters is going beyond describing a character trait, and I suspect you knew very well you'd get the reactions that you did. It's disingenuous.
Oh, I knew there would be denial but I didn’t expect even hard remainers to behave as though I had posted something like, “hard remainers are exactly the same as Trump supporters”, though it was always possible from such types. I do fall into the trap sometimes of thinking we are all adults here.

The comparison I made was both very straightforward and deliberately tightly bound because I wanted no doubt it was correct.

I stand by it despite some rather desperate and frankly idiotic responses...
"I said what I said, no more and no less..."

"The point I made was just that character trait I mentioned and nothing else..."

And yet, you immediately then agree that what Nick G describes as omissions (and I might call implicit slurs) are 'obvious'. Therefore, we were intended to extend the comparison into the much more insulting and offensive associations we made. That was what you think, and what you implied, and you acknowledge that. So much for your disingenuous 'all the inferences and offence are in your heads' stuff. And Drood's suggestion that this was your mistake is itself mistaken. You didn't 'give us that opportunity', you served it up and expected us to respond to it. It's what you do. You're a provocateur and a troll. You wrap it in lofty 'I'm considerably more honest and full of integrity than yow', but that's not what you're full of, as far as I can see.
You’re tying yourself in knots in desperation. If you really don’t understand what I posted you have a genuine problem and should seek help.

Love the ‘we’ and ‘us’ again, by the way, it’s great study material for future generations.

That's your opinion.

My opinion is that you're a troll. Deal with it.
I did deal with it. In a polite way I said you’re wrong, I have good manners, my friend. I have noticed you very rarely post on the actual topic being discussed. That’s trolling.

I’m constantly puzzled by the fact that EV and the other couple of people voted for it, they got what they voted for and yet their entire energy is devoted to finger pointing away from what they got. How does that work?
I’m constantly puzzled why it’s terrible for people in the UK to have their reasons for voting to make themselves poorer but great for Scots to have their reasons for voting to make themselves poorer. Can you clarify the difference please? It has a stench of hypocrisy around it.

The parallel here is that this thread asking for benefits from Brexit ended up prompting denialism and blame from Brexit voters for the manifest failures of their Brexit. You appear to have exported the same thing from the Labour threads: everyone else is to blame for the abject political failure of the party apart from yourselves. Was the Starmer thread not generating enough audience?
ha ha ha. ha ha ha. This thread is very definitely not about benefits of brexit.

What do I you suggest I seek help for, exactly, Brian? Only that remark is almost as offensive as your nudge nudge wink wink no I’m not saying hard Remainers are like Trump supporters, bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back