advertisement

Audio Kit In Peloton Ad?

Any cyclist serious enough to consider spending that sort of money is more likely to stick one of there own bikes on a smart turbo trainer (£200 and up) and use Zwift (£12.99 per month) which maybe means that Peleton is aimed more at the folks that do spin classes - in which case £2K and £35 per month does seem like an awful lot.
This, or they just get out and ride the bloody thing. You know, outdoors.

all joking aside my very old hybrid steel frame and cheap 700cc wheels but good conti tyres is still in use very effective for cycle paths etc, basic gearing and simple brakes but more fun than my much more expensive bike with hydraulic discs slick gearing and alloy frame etc.
Must be the ah its old so just use it to destruction attitude on the old bike.
It's more than that, some bikes just work and make you want to ride them. My old MTB is like this, it's the one I get out when I just want *a bike*. Shops, friends, pub, a casual tour, done. I also have a hybrid that came to me as a single speed. It was a bit of a lashup being sold second hand in Decathlon's Trocathlon event, 9 years ago now. This is a good scheme, you bring in your surplus kit, they agree a price and sell it in the Decathlon car park in a marquee. The proceeds are to be spent in store. Everyone's happy. I paid all of Eu40, it needed minor fettling and since then it's a great bike for flat terrain. I have used it for local commuting for 2 or 3 contracts now, and it's just a nice bike to boot round on. Like you say the lack of emotional (or cash!) investment makes them great fun. So much fun that I have worn out a rear tyre and will replace it this week. I keep thinking about tarting it up, I have a colour scheme sorted based on 1980s Kawasaki racers. RAL 6018 green, white and blue.

Next time I head back to the US maybe I'll find one (5010?) and bring it back in a bike case!
Bring 2, one in a size 16 or 17, please!

All joking aside, Spain must be a good place to buy bikes. My current MTB, a Kona Kula, came to me after a bike holiday in Spain, the outfit we used were clearing out the previous year's hire bikes. New, £800, a year old and in great order it was mine for £200 I think. I boxed it up and paid Sleazy Jet another £30, done. The only thing I had to change were the supermarket junk tyres, what worked in Spain definitely did NOT work in the winter wet of Yorkshire, after failing to make one turn and landing in a barbed wire fence, and another time landing on my face on a wet track, I junked them and fitted proper tyres.

This, or they just get out and ride the bloody thing. You know, outdoors.

Indeed. Although not so much when it's icy, or (in many cases) at night after they've put the kids to bed. Nearly all the serious road cyclists I know (including pretty much everyone in my club) have a turbo trainer and use it a fair bit in the winter months.

Does a posh bike protect you more from the nutjob drivers on the road?
I suspect few Peloton riders have been killed as a result of a newly qualified 17 year old ploughing through their apartment window in a '56 plate Corsa.

Does a posh bike protect you more from the nutjob drivers on the road?
I suspect few Peloton riders have been killed as a result of a newly qualified 17 year old ploughing through their apartment window in a '56 plate Corsa.
A Santa Cruz does, yes. Given that you will generally be in the woods and off road, it protects you very well.

Indeed. Although not so much when it's icy, or (in many cases) at night after they've put the kids to bed. Nearly all the serious road cyclists I know (including pretty much everyone in my club) have a turbo trainer and use it a fair bit in the winter months.
They do. I never said it was either/or.

46 posts later and still no one has addressed never mind answered the original question.:p
The brand of hifi in the ad was difficult to make out, but it's probably not relevant.

The whole Peleton ads scream "lifestyle". They probably know their target market extremely well.

The Peleton main product may look like an exercise bike, but IMO it's really a lifestyle fitness device.

Having said all this, I can not knock it. If it works for someone; keeps them fit; then it's worth every penny I reckon. If it ends up sitting in the corner, unused, then it's a waste regardless of purchase price.

hahahahaha
top prize in the 'this doesn't interest ME so it's crap' competition. lol
Thanks, where do I collect?

Oh, and can I be the first to point out that it's not a real hifi, it's just a prop in a film set intended to depict a particular lifestyle in an advertisement? It's also probable that the child in the ad doesn't *actually* live with that young woman. You're welcome.

Thanks, where do I collect?
Oh, and can I be the first to point out that it's not a real hifi, it's just a prop in a film set intended to depict a particular lifestyle in an advertisement? It's also probable that the child in the ad doesn't *actually* live with that young woman. You're welcome.

I haven't seen the ad but I kind of doubt it's a prop... Commercials like that are so high budget they can get the real deal on loan. Just a guess.

Having said that it's probably a B&O. :)

I have nightmares of these Pelaton people taking over the world and trying to make me comply by constantly screaming "you got this!" at me. It's almost as bad as my other nightmare where a fat man in a blonde wig tries to make me comply by shouting "you got this!" at me every tea-time.

I haven't seen the ad but I kind of doubt it's a prop... Commercials like that are so high budget they can get the real deal on loan. Just a guess.

Having said that it's probably a B&O. :)
It's some little silver boxes, only visibl e for a second. It does look like that one box Denon, is it a CA 30 or similar? As for the furniture, again it's only a second but it's black metal and glass, stylishly lit with nice ornaments etc.

a fat man in a blonde wig tries to make me comply by shouting "you got this!" at me every tea-time.
It would ensure that the weight loss programme worked, if nothing else.

Dessert! Half a grapefruit! Spoon! You got this!

I have nightmares of these Pelaton people taking over the world and trying to make me comply by constantly screaming "you got this!" at me. It's almost as bad as my other nightmare where a fat man in a blonde wig tries to make me comply by shouting "you got this!" at me every tea-time.

I've posted 162 messages here (now 163!) and never once mentioned that I ride a stationary bike (not a Peloton) using the Peloton app. If I ever scream, "You got this!" at anyone, you have my permission to stab me in the carotid artery.

I have a kid, a wife, a dog - something resembling a life, and gearing up (and then down) for an "IRL" bike ride is not always in the cards, but I can always find 30-45 minutes to squeeze in a Peloton class. I do also like going out for a casual bike ride, but that is a completely different endeavor.

I've posted 162 messages here (now 163!) and never once mentioned that I ride a stationary bike (not a Peloton) using the Peloton app. If I ever scream, "You got this!" at anyone, you have my permission to stab me in the carotid artery.

I have a kid, a wife, a dog - something resembling a life, and gearing up (and then down) for an "IRL" bike ride is not always in the cards, but I can always find 30-45 minutes to squeeze in a Peloton class. I do also like going out for a casual bike ride, but that is a completely different endeavor.

Also, just to acknowledge it - yes, Peloton prices are crazy. My bike was $350 on Amazon. I pay $15/mo. to use the same Peloton app that the people with Peloton bikes use - except they paid $2,000 for their bikes, and they pay $45/mo. to have access to the exact same classes I do.

Possibly I'm a financial genius?

advertisement

Back