advertisement

Audio Kit In Peloton Ad?

BertieWorcester

What-ho!!
Has anyone else noticed what looks to be some well-sorted audio gear in the Peloton ad on T.V.? It's obviously the domain of someone that believes you don't need a floor-to-ceiling toppling mass of boxes to get a good sound.

Can anyone i.d. the gear, and more importantly the furniture it's stacked on?

Quite. You could buy at least a fancy power strip and at least two subscriptions to hi res streaming or you could even buy a power supply for a box that already has a power supply for that sort of money (which I happened to have just spent- on a peloton bike :rolleyes:). You can make most expensive things sound crazy at the end of the day.

Quite. You could buy at least a fancy power strip and at least two subscriptions to hi res streaming or you could even buy a power supply for a box that already has a power supply for that sort of money (which I happened to have just spent- on a peloton bike :rolleyes:). You can make most expensive things sound crazy at the end of the day.
If it keeps people fit then it's probably a good alternative to a gym membership (especially for the time being). However, if I had a £2k budget for a piece of exercise equipment the only thing I would have eyes for is one of these:

OI8A3749.jpg

Ooh la la!

I like this thread.
Next time I go for a bike ride I'll be thinking of the 2 grand saving and the 35 quid a month I'm not spending. Yay!
Can't wait to get on it.

If it keeps people fit then it's probably a good alternative to a gym membership (especially for the time being). However, if I had a £2k budget for a piece of exercise equipment the only thing I would have eyes for is one of these:

OI8A3749.jpg

Ooh la la!
That's very nice. £2000 isn't a great deal of money in proper MTB terms, I go out with 2 pals with £2k bikes. I do find it increasingly difficult to keep up on rough terrain with my 15 year old cross country hardtail.

OI8A3749.jpg

Ooh la la!
What model is that? You don't get much Santa Cruz for £2k.

I think I remember seeing an advert and wondering about the HIFI in it but I might just be mistaken. Good thread.

What model is that? You don't get much Santa Cruz for £2k.
Used 5010.

I bought a new Santa Cruz in 2015 for $2500, it was a lime green Heckler. Did I mention I used to live two states away from Santa Cruz? So it was probably a lot cheaper with no import/export fees, VAT, etc.

Awesome bike, my all time favorite I've owned. I still have it and a blue/orange Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail. But yeah, they've gone up in price since 2015! So a used 5010 it is.

I think this thread was just a clever marketing trick to get people to watch Peloton ads.

Personally, I think the idea of a £2000 stationary bike that you then have to pay £35 a month to use as it was intended is ridiculous.
Why can’t they go for a bloody long power walk?

advertisement

Back