advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see this thread picking up speed again, now that we have a full complement of posters. ;)
I wasn’t going to bother having been busy for 2 weeks and lost some interest in pointing out ridiculous posts from hard remainers/Trumpists, but I knew I would have been missed. There have been some real gems since the turn of the year, by the way.

I wasn't.
Not a surprise from you, Colin. Are you really an adult?

No I wasn't either. Just pretending.
Yes, obviously, but tut tut. What have I ever done to you?

It's certainly a Trump-emulating government:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...ews-openly-lie_uk_5fd9f679c5b62f31c201f7dc?lz

EpW8VD0W8AQ6JUU

EpW8WskW8AEuHDm

EpW8X_3WMAAsE88

And you voted for them.
“Deep State woke-ism”. I’m only surprised by the fact that EV hasn’t lifted that one by now. Also like how they’ve appropriated an image of the armed services- is that a “how about a bit more patriotism” wink or more of a “hang the traitors” vibe?

I wasn’t going to bother having been busy for 2 weeks and lost some interest in pointing out ridiculous posts from hard remainers/Trumpists, but I knew I would have been missed. There have been some real gems since the turn of the year, by the way.

Not a surprise from you, Colin. Are you really an adult?

Yes, obviously, but tut tut. What have I ever done to you?
Aqueducts?

Just what is this hard remainer bollocks?
I’ll play along, such fun...

Hard remainer is a person who voted remain in the 2016 referendum on EU membership but refuses to accept the outcome of that referendum. They refused to accept a soft brexit because they demand the referendum be ignored even though that would undermine democracy. They’re similar to supporters of Trump, who insist the outcome of the recent US election should be ignored and the Republicans should remain in govt even though a majority voted for something else.

What did you think it was? Such people do exist, there were a lot of them in Parliament until Dec 2019, they’re why May couldn’t get her attempts at a deal agreed. There are a number of such undemocratic, tormented souls posting in this thread. :D They need to be separated from normal people who supported remaining in the EU but who respect a majority voted to leave.

HTH

The quality of this thread plummeted in the last 6 hours. The whining, deflecting and victim pleading has been turned up to 11. Can anyone help me identify the reason?
A plea for support from the lads.

You were bullied, weren’t you, Colin. The internet is your escape. sob sob...

I’ll play along, such fun...

Hard remainer is a person who voted remain in the 2016 referendum on EU membership but refuses to accept the outcome of that referendum. They refused to accept a soft brexit because they demand the referendum be ignored even though that would undermine democracy. They’re similar to supporters of Trump, who insist the outcome of the recent US election should be ignored and the Republicans should remain in govt even though a majority voted for something else.

What did you think it was? Such people do exist, there were a lot of them in Parliament until Dec 2019, they’re why May couldn’t get her attempts at a deal agreed. There are a number of such undemocratic, tormented souls posting in this thread. :D They need to be separated from normal people who supported remaining in the EU but who respect a majority voted to leave.

HTH

I don't remember any Remain supporters storming the Houses of Parliament and killing and injuring people.

I do remember a leave supporter committing murder though...

I don't remember any Remain supporters storming the Houses of Parliament and killing and injuring people.

Another difference is that the Trumpist claims have been widely debunked, and laughed out of court, whereas the Remainer concerns over the ‘irregularities’ in the various Leave campaigns are matters of verified record.

It was only a matter of who it would be. I did say similar.

Another difference is that the Trumpist claims have been widely debunked, and laughed out of court, whereas the Remainer concerns over the ‘irregularities’ in the various Leave campaigns are matters of verified record.

Anyway, a predictable evasion of the point and disappointing that serious discussion remains impossible with you lads.

It was only a matter of who it would be. I did say similar.

Anyway, a predictable evasion of the point and disappointing that serious discussion remains impossible with you lads.

Not really similar no. The more extreme Brexiters are the equivalent of Trump supporters and MAGAs.

Not really similar no. The more extreme Brexiters are the equivalent of Trump supporters and MAGAs.
Quite. And the argument is, as far as I can tell, that hard Remainers foiled a soft Brexit by thwarting attempts to get one through Parliament. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t get a vote in Parliament, that was down to the MPs, and mostly hard line Tory MPs, at that. Didn’t vote for them, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back