advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door handle ?
M C Escher would be proud. It reminds me of the Toyota (?) EV advert where the battery is painted on the desert, and the vehicle drives over it as the camera pans round. My brain still has problems with that

Narrow soundstage? :confused:

Yes, near field here, bit like the largest headphones in the world. My partner uses the room most days, the coffee table (one corner visible) has a lift up top for laptop ease of use.
when I get to listen the settee is dragged forward a metre or so. the area is only 3.5m sq.

I'm not sure I've posted a system picture here before - this is my new system, a promise to myself that when established in my own new home (following separation) I would invest in a new system having been obliged to sell my previous Naim/Shahinian set up about ten years ago.

This is still a work in progress as the music server is not yet installed. That will be a Lukasz Audio Lab custom built LDMS Mini (built to a budet so it can still run Roon, which the Pico cannot but I couldn't afford a full Mini). Rest of the system as follows:

• Lampizator Golden Gate MK1 DAC with volume control - this unit is second hand but was reconditioned and upgraded at the factory in Poland. The volume pot means I can feed it directly in to the power amps
  • Albedo Monolith silver monocrystal interconnects
  • Silvercore 833 monoblock power amps - these run the huge 833 tubes designed to power radio transmissions and rated up to 1500w but are instead configured to run at 20w output. Output transformer is handwound silver wired. Rogoz stands
  • Horns FP10 with internal silver wiring upgrade sitting on custom made Rogoz stands
  • Highfidelity CT1 speaker cables
512 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

507 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

508 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

509 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

510 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

Ah Greg from Singletrack! Not only are you an exceptional photographer, but also have superb taste in Hifi!

Hi-if, bikes and cameras. Correlation coefficient of one You’re very kind but I’m not remotely an exceptional photographer. I am comfortable with ‘reasonably accomplished’ .

www.gregoryjohnturner.com
Instagram: geetee1972

Just had a quick look at the website and the blog, look forward to having a more detailed look at it later in the week. I like the "among the flowers" series luminous light and the forms of the flowers dotted around the frame look like something Klimt would paint.

Shrink's system's got me lusting after a pair of Eatons now..... I wonder whether a Nait 2 would drive them properly....

Cracking bass.
I mean, look at that wall.

spot on, that is what gave me the idea for the wall mural. it looks quite dramatic at night with minimum light, also looks like trees with no leaves.
had to make it fun as the space is open plan, the vibes are one end, dining room and kitchen for the rest.

Last edited:
Yes, near field here, bit like the largest headphones in the world. My partner uses the room most days, the coffee table (one corner visible) has a lift up top for laptop ease of use.
when I get to listen the settee is dragged forward a metre or so. the area is only 3.5m sq.
Like the cabinetry, is it your own?

- Revox B77
- Soulines Kubrick DCX/Rega RB-808/Goldring 2200
- Tag McLaren CDT20R
- Auralic Aries LE
- Trichord Dino Mk3
- Gustard X12
- Tag McLaren AV32
- Tag McLaren 250x2r
- Monitor Audio Silver 300

S1.JPG.e5eac2a48b9c60579e23b97e313e77b6.JPG

Like the cabinetry, is it your own?

indeed, although there are many faults (hence the long range pics). the unit was cut down from a previous rejected attempt, and the curved work and inlays were new to me, so a good work out.

fortunately i can now live with smallish errors and disregard them if we like the overall appearance/effect

These have just arrived.....what's in the boxes (there are two of them)? That's an A4 sheet on the top right for scale...

Actually my first thought was acoustic panels, but the cases are screwed shut. Seems excessive for anything that isn’t high value

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back