advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s something to be said for showing the source material directly, especially when it’s a delightful illustration of the nonsense pumped out by the anti-European English press.
You of course prefer a trademark lengthy mashup, masquerading as original thought- your own supine stem of odiferous tuberosity.

Come on, you just love your daily trawl through the broadsheets, it serves to confirm to yourself your innate intellectual superiority over the 'working class' man and woman.

Supine is a word that describes rather well the kind of people who willingly assume the position every time Jean-Claude pops his cork. I always think of that awful activist wimp Adonis. For some reason I'm on his twitter feed. It isn't pretty watching him spread his cheeks every day, but it's somehow almost compelling.

Last edited:
Anything you like. The title is "give us a positive of Brexit". Apart from some vague stuff about sovereignty, which doesn't raise orders for cars, wind turbines and the like, I haven't seen one yet. I've seen a few food orders cancelled.

I'm glad we sorted out the Norwegians though. They had it coming.

You mentioned wind turbines, which is perhaps unfortunate. It brings to mind once again the Scottish firm, part owned by the taxpayer thanks to Saint Nicky and Alex, which is unable to build the bloody things due to the EU state subsidy rules, so they have to be built by a Spanish company - that is subsidised by the state but apparently exempt from the same rules - instead.

I know. I read it in The Guardian.

You mentioned wind turbines, which is perhaps unfortunate. It brings to mind once again the Scottish firm, part owned by the taxpayer thanks to Saint Nicky and Alex, which is unable to build the bloody things due to the EU state subsidy rules, so they have to be built by a Spanish company - that is subsidised by the state but apparently exempt from the same rules - instead.

I know. I read it in The Guardian.
Brexit fixed this then, has it?

© The Guardian

I actually dip into Guardian two or three times a week. It's intriguing that you associate it with reality, something from which it has become increasingly detached for years now, especially over the last 4 of them.

Funny,

I do exactly the same with the Daily Express.
The news that they come up with are absolutely out of this world and make me laugh everytime.
Its just a little newspaper creating non-factual news to instigate anti-EU hatred in gullible hardline Brexiteers.

Funny,

I do exactly the same with the Daily Express.
The news that they come up with are absolutely out of this world and make me laugh everytime.
Its just a little newspaper creating non-factual news to instigate anti-EU hatred in gullible hardline Brexiteers.

At least in the Express you get Rupert and a fairly easy cryptic crossword.

The government would have been an easy Brexit target, if it were not for Covid.

The pandemic has changed the public narrative, and there will be a few ministers glad about that.

There seems to be a focus on Customs Brokerage services. Inevitable really. Yes, it will add to costs, but I also expect to see some investment in innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back