advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

AudioAl

pfm Member
As we have some car enthusiasts please post here you lists of products you use for outside / inside / Glass / Dash / Upholstery etc
I just got carried away on Amazon with a s-it load of cleaning products
However I did not see any enthusiasm products :D

High pressure car wash for the outside, and Mr Clean only inside.
Clorox for seats and carpets.
Twice a year or so, depending on weather conditions.

I have been driving since 1978 and apart from the initial enthusiasm associated with my first car, which was probably washed a few times within the first year, I have never washed a car and I have never used a garage for a service that washes the car as part of the deal. So, 41 years without washing a car.

One, or two if really dirty, drop of Fairy Liquid in a bucket of hot water. I do mean a drop, you don't want to use a lot of detergent as it strips waxes/protectants from the paint. I start on the roof and work down with the wheels last. Then one bucket of warm water and microfiber (usually 3 or 4) cloths to rinse and dry.

Periodically I wax the car with Autoglym Super Resin polish which is a combined polish and wax. Depending on the age of the paint and conditions the car has been used in this might happen three to four times a year.

I have been using this method for decades and it seems to work well for me.

(Carplan) Demon Foam is good, we struggle here due to water hardness(?), hardly any products give a nice foamy lather, Demon foam and an Aldi one are the exceptions.

(Carplan) Demon Foam is good, we struggle here due to water hardness(?), hardly any products give a nice foamy lather, Demon foam and an Aldi one are the exceptions.

I wasn't aware ALDI did one , what's it called , Will have a look for it next time I am in store

really, a puffed up emotion? a sense of being better than everyone else, showing off?

No none of the above , I just like a clean car , At the moment it looks like a tractor due to using the A13 / M25 the roads are filthy , Will be washing it again soon

I have been driving since 1978 and apart from the initial enthusiasm associated with my first car, which was probably washed a few times within the first year, I have never washed a car and I have never used a garage for a service that washes the car as part of the deal. So, 41 years without washing a car

I never washed my first car, it was the dirt that held it together.

My dealer asks whether I want the car washed, I always say yes, as that means the interior gets a good clean, and someone removes all the burger wrappers, chicken bones, beer cans and used kleenex.

The dealer also offers a full "professional" valet for about £200

It was this Al:
1047851-B-1-B40-4840-B205-0-A588-E0175-AB.jpg

advertisement

Back