Status
Not open for further replies.
The office setup.

Bang&Olufsen Beovox CX100 speakers
SMSL SA-50 amplifier
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ /HifiBerry DAC+ Lite
Sony MDR-7506 headphones

50747377397_6fa4383565_b.jpg

This is my first desktop computer at home in over 10 years. I've only had a mac laptop at home and mac laptop + Linux desktop at work for a long time. The last Windows box I had ran Windows 7, which was pretty good. Windows 10 is shockingly terrible! It defaults to no password protection coming out of sleep/screensaver(?!). I have it configured to sleep after 30 minutes and it stays on all night more than half of time time because of a windows update service, or some driver or another. Various settings can be configured in 3 or more places. Why is there both a 'control panel' and a 'settings' UI? 'Night light' turn off in the morning nor turn on at night per the schedule (have to turn it on and off manually to get it to switch). If you try to install another browser it nags you repeatedly. What a heap.

Last edited:
Now, don’t laugh, it is THAT time of year after all and can I just say I’ve never heard my system sound better, what the heck!

Gone from this.....

i-Q5kdNsx-XL.jpg

To this.....

i-RCr5gR7-XL.jpg

i-QkhCCG3-XL.jpg

Hard to believe it’s now better than it was ? Audio is a strange thing isn’t it ;)

Can’t wait to get rid of that radiator!!

my room ALWAYS sounds better when the christmas tree goes up

booja30: love those beovox's! How do they sound?

PS: Yes, Windows does feel like roughing it a bit when coming from a mac. It always surprises me that once you get a few layers deep in the interface the UI seems to suddenly go back to Win '95. (only IT people are supposed to be down here or what?)

booja30: love those beovox's! How do they sound?
They're pretty good for desktop speakers but I could never imagine using them in a living room hooked up to a big B&O receiver like they were probably often sold. I have a Beosystem 4500 that sounds really good with Beovox 'redline' RL2000 speakers. Those are relatively big by comparison, but can do a lot better job filling a room. I doubt they'd be up to many PFMer's standards for 'critical listening' but I think B&O did a good job making beautiful pieces that could work well for casual listening.

@mikeyb Love that room and system.:)

It used to be our built in garage, we converted it into a home cinema room, the project screen is still there and completely fills the back wall. I should post up the conversion thread from AVForums sometime, might be of interest to some.

Obviously can't use it with the tree in place but once that's away ..... ;)

@booja30 i have Beovox S45.2 in storage ready for a larger office setup. Really great sounding and looking speakers, especially on the original stands.
I love that series. There were a pair of larger ones similar to those for sale on PFM earlier this year. Good thing the seller wasn't posting them or I would have been all over them!

It used to be our built in garage, we converted it into a home cinema room, the project screen is still there and completely fills the back wall. I should post up the conversion thread from AVForums sometime, might be of interest to some.

Obviously can't use it with the tree in place but once that's away ..... ;)

Yes that would be cool.:)

It sounds good to me, but I have only used phono stages in integrated amps before,and it's definitely a big step up from those. I will admit to the aesthetics being one of the aspects that promoted me to choose it!

New addition is an Audionet EPS version 1. Upgraded by an ex-Audionet engineer for the DNA 2.0 at Benedictus HiFi in Germany. It's showing a different shade in the photos which is a trick of the light. Behind each speaker are 10mm of cast-off plastic felt packing panels (!)....they work a treat, they really do.

sXZtQpl.jpg

bYudpNm.jpg

New addition is an Audionet EPS version 1. Upgraded by an ex-Audionet engineer for the DNA 2.0 at Benedictus HiFi in Germany. It's showing a different shade in the photos which is a trick of the light. Behind each speaker are 10mm of cast-off plastic felt packing panels (!)....they work a treat, they really do.

sXZtQpl.jpg

bYudpNm.jpg
fantastic speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back