advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear La Scalas at some point, might get a chance to go to a HiFi show or 2 after this COVID crap gets put to bed.

They're lots of fun, I've no idea how the modern ones sound mind. Not much bass, they're like a big standmount, but what's there is great.

The CD player was not quite as cool , a section of the front panel flipped down and the philips CD tray slid out so there was a vertical joint line in the front panel . The tape deck was the money shot .
But on the later versions (6500 and 7000) the cd tray was a solid aluminum plate a few mm thick that popped out between the black and silver panels. Those are the ones to go for!
beogram-cd-6500.jpg

Last edited:
Now, don’t laugh, it is THAT time of year after all and can I just say I’ve never heard my system sound better, what the heck!

Gone from this.....

i-Q5kdNsx-XL.jpg

To this.....

i-RCr5gR7-XL.jpg

i-QkhCCG3-XL.jpg

Hard to believe it’s now better than it was ? Audio is a strange thing isn’t it ;)

Can’t wait to get rid of that radiator!!

Now, don’t laugh, it is THAT time of year after all and can I just say I’ve never heard my system sound better, what the heck!

Gone from this.....

i-Q5kdNsx-XL.jpg

To this.....

i-RCr5gR7-XL.jpg

i-QkhCCG3-XL.jpg

Hard to believe it’s now better than it was ? Audio is a strange thing isn’t it ;)

Can’t wait to get rid of that radiator!!

Mike(y), what speakers are they?

I’m loving the room/system!

@Rosie this one is a 5500, which I think is their last tape deck. I had a full beosystem 5500 (no TT but 2 TD) with Pentas for a while and also a Beosystem 7000 (no TT) with the motorized remote. The CDP with the 5500 was crap but the one with the 7000 was really killer.

Very cool. Never seen this!
A lot of the appeal of B&O used to be the user interface and experience -- motion sensing motorized doors, disappearing buttons, smooth mechanical movements. With the shift to digital sources (servers and streaming, not CD) there isn't nearly as much opportunity to make components physically interactive. Kind of a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back