advertisement

No McCartney III thread?

springer

pfm Member
Apologies if I've missed it, but a search threw nothing up. McCartney III released today, on more formats and coloured variants than I thought was humanly possible. Morrisons went early and put the CD out last Monday, but I've hung on to collect my white-vinyl LP from my local indie this morning. One play through and I'd give it four stars. It's not grabbed me like Egypt Station did (a masterpiece, IMHO), but maybe time will tell....

Didn’t know he was poorly

IMG_4122.jpg

I heard a track on Radio 2 a few times yesterday - it was dreadful. Sounded like a kid's band that had too many instruments, too much time in the recording studio, and little idea on production. A real shame given his legacy.

CHE

It's interesting isn't it.....hardly a mention on here, yet 750+ pages and almost 19k posts over at SHF!!

Like Stunsworth, I had a listen on Qubuz last night, it's a while since I listened to any new McCartney stuff, I thought it was OK, don't suppose i'll buy a physical version but will listen again.

His voice has gone. It's been gone for quite a while now. It's a shame that he couldn't have retired gracefully. :(

Reactions: MVJ
Meanwhile McCartney gets an hour of tele on Beeb 1 tonight - in conversation with.....Idris Elba!.....you know the well known muso and interviewer.

Paul seems happy....as well he might. One plug for a track with Rhianna and Kanye West which was 'odd' Trying too hard to be something he is not?

I agree with others- his voice has been shot for some time now.

you are right on the money Idris Elba,, the give me money and an advert before my fame goes, WE are all but an act away :rolleyes:
haven't seen McCartney can do with a laugh :D a link would be good ,

It's true Macca's voice has gone, I suspect at this stage of his career he is making music for his own amusement and that's fine. If anyone else wishes to buy it then all well and good. He's earned the right to do what he wants musically.

I like Slidin’, Springer. Long Tailed Winter Bird is enjoyable, too.

There’s nothing here that’ll tilt the earth off its axis, of course, but then he’s already done that.

Incidentally, Ian Leslie recently provided a good, balanced overview of the McCartney legacy, pre and post 1970. It’s worth an eyeball for anyone bored the tedious carping that PM’s music usually tends to attract:

https://ianleslie.substack.com/p/64-reasons-to-celebrate-paul-mccartney

I like Slidin’, Springer. Long Tailed Winter Bird is enjoyable, too.

There’s nothing here that’ll tilt the earth off its axis, of course, but then he’s already done that.

Incidentally, Ian Leslie recently provided a good, balanced overview of the McCartney legacy, pre and post 1970. It’s worth an eyeball for anyone bored the tedious carping that PM’s music usually tends to attract:

https://ianleslie.substack.com/p/64-reasons-to-celebrate-paul-mccartney

Thanks for posting this. I’ve often wondered at the reaction/ relationship of Brits to McCartney. I remember being in Sunny Scunnie with my cousins while the London Olympics was on. I couldn’t believe their reaction to Paul coming on - oh no they’re not wheeling him out again -

There’s a link to a Spotify playlist which I must listen to.

Paul McCartney, savour him while we can. Isn’t it great that he still wants (needs?) to make music. I can forgive him the major being a lady suffragette.

.sjb

advertisement

Back