advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not depressed enough flick through (what else would you do on a Monday ?) the Corney & Barrow list from highest price downwards. With 30 wines a page there was pretty much nothing I would want to buy at a price I would want to pay for 90 pages.
Could explain why I've never bought anything from them. I've no axe to grind with C&B but a lot of people are spending a lot of money buying those wines.

Last edited:
Preparation for the chevauchée is finally under way. A couple of JP Brun cuvées have been reserved and paid for, l’Ancien and the Blanc ‘vinification Bourguinonne’. Despite the ‘Classic’ cuvee being mentioned at the end of the latter description I’m assured it is definitely, absolutely, positively the oak-aged I am buying, and that mention is a mistake in the listing - which makes it a mega-bargain in my book.

I have no idea who Carole is, but already I like her a great deal. She also gave me free delivery as a Black Friday prezzie.

I’m tempted to go for one of M. Brun’s Beaujolais Villages too. Or maybe the Bourgogne Rouge. Or both. Perhaps if I sit here in a state of total indecision for long enough, someone will tell me which to buy.

Next... to arrange the Coteaux du Layon. And this Mégaphone 2019 is looking at me.

Last edited:
^ Bon voyage. As they are only 6 packs get another case of L'Ancien instead of Mégaphone ? My most common mistake is not getting enough of something good.

No go on the Ronsay still ?

This is not the first lady you have reported sweet talking: is there a smooth side to gnarly Marchbanks after all ? :)

Last edited:
Lamarche-Bourgogne-2017-scaled.jpg

Wee pinot noir here.

Coupla Riedel items here if it's not good for you might be good for somebody.
https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/search...e-desc&facets=stockLevelStatus:inStock&page=0
Thanks, ordered two of the PN as I suddenly realised my blind spot for Burgundy was caused simply by my lack of varietal-specific Riedels.

So now I definitely need to get some of M. Brun’s Bourgogne rouge - especially as it is moins seize pourcent chez Vinatis. The Morgon Côte du Py is en promo too - a Noël special, it seems. I’m guessing he must be the CEO. Cheers, Noël!

Last edited:
Coupla Riedel items here if it's not good for you might be good for somebody.
https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/search...e-desc&facets=stockLevelStatus:inStock&page=0
In my usual fashion I bought first and researched later - it looks like they are a fairly old and no longer sold (by Riedel) line, but still to be found new here and there for £40 or more a pair, so I reckon a good buy. Riedel say I’m allowed to drink Beaujolais from them, so the PN folk can relax - I’ll keep a respectful distance from your patch.

In my usual fashion I bought first and researched later - it looks like they are a fairly old and no longer sold (by Riedel) line, but still to be found new here and there for £40 or more a pair, so I reckon a good buy. Riedel say I’m allowed to drink Beaujolais from them, so the PN folk can relax - I’ll keep a respectful distance from your patch.
Yeah, not one of their special ranges but still worth a punt hopefully.

Yeah, not one of their special ranges...
I shall write a strongly worded letter to tkmaxx. I had always assumed they were somewhere between Fortnums and Harrods when it came to flogging only top of the range clobber.

J J Prum Kabinett with Thai food last night. Confused myself with all that chat about scoring but I'll give it "Close to Excellent" (leaving space for all those high priced rieslings I haven't tasted).
On the easier to use 'Buy Again or Not ?' scale it is 'Buy Again'.

I don't know, and I'm not sure if the next recommended item on the price list, Triple Satin Toilet Rolls, has an bearing on the answer.

Certainly strip the romance out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back