advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great Brian, now all we need is to agree the same with the EU. Good news indeed.
Glad you agree.

Let’s see if the EU will agree a reasonable deal soon. I doubt it will be the same as before so don’t build up your hopes. :cool:

Glad you agree.

Let’s see if the EU will agree a reasonable deal soon. I doubt it will be the same as before so don’t build up your hopes. :cool:

There you go qualifying your expectation, why not? If EU terms are good enough for Canada as the eighth largest trade partner outside of the EU - it ought to be a slam-dunk for the largest by far. Love the idea that they are the ones who have to be 'reasonable', I take it you assume the UK will be?

There you go qualifying your expectation, why not? If EU terms are good enough for Canada as the eighth largest trade partner outside of the EU - it ought to be a slam-dunk for the largest by far. Love the idea that they are the ones who have to be 'reasonable', I take it you assume the UK will be?
Well, as the BIG side on the negotiations, yes, it's down to the EU.

Yes you have.
That I think something is ridiculous that you appear to think is not doesn't mean I don't get the point.

I do understand the superior intelligence level of the hard remainer, but honestly, despite various comments from members over the years I am not dumb.

I do understand the superior intelligence level of the hard remainer, but honestly, despite various comments from members over the years I am not dumb.

I believe your first sentence contradicts your last assertion.

Do the EU terms of the Canada FTA include having 90% of the fish in Canadian waters, and ECJ jurisdiction over level playing field and state aid rules, I wonder?

Do the EU terms of the Canada FTA include having 90% of the fish in Canadian waters, and ECJ jurisdiction over level playing field and state aid rules, I wonder?

The fish that the UK market doesn't consume? Or the vast majority of fish caught in UK waters that get sold into the SM?

Perhaps we could do a deal that means giving access to our waters, in return for access to waters where the fish we do actually consume are more plentiful.....oh wait.

That I think something is ridiculous that you appear to think is not doesn't mean I don't get the point.

Professional actor or talented amateur?

The question was, does the EU claim 90% of Canadian fish in the Canada EU FTA?

I can't see how Clacton weedled its way into the answer, perhaps that's globalism for you.

I can't see how Clacton weedled its way into the answer, perhaps that's globalism for you.

You've just descovered why the UK cannot have a Canada-style deal haven't you?

You complain others are fixed in their view, while remaining unshakably convinced in your own. Frankly, you know full well why the Canada arrangement differs, you also know full well that the mainly foreign owned UK fishing industry issue is no more than an affected symbolism to satisfy a demographic that you don't like being compared to, so I wasn't taking what you said seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back