advertisement

ah no, other Requirements intervened today - but having dug it out, can fire it tomorrow if that will soothe!

Love the Bassett-Lowke pic. I'd love to have the time & funds to play with large-scale live steam.
It's *seriously* time consuming unless you spend an awful lot of money on a complete d item, at which point you may discover that the pleasure is in the building. When my dad retired he wanted to build a 5" scale loco so he got a workshop built, it was a work of art. Lathe, miller, shaper, pillar drill, power saw. One Christmas he and I had a few evenings building a few bits for a little steam engine he had castings for. It went no further, he worked out that there was maybe 10 years at 5 hours a day, every day, to generate a loco and more importantly he was more interested in other stuff, principally gardening and going to Italy, buying a house and making another garden.

I'm well -aware of that, Steve: then again..:

A long-departed old family friend had a long career as a cabinet maker, and on the side ...built things, he could not help it. A 30foot day-sailing yacht for a start - his wife didn't; like; so he sold it - bought an XJS with proceeds, and some machine tools for fun,strtch his ambit. Proceded to strip & rebuild that v12 for his own amusement, ran it for a while, got bored, sold it; resulting funds, round 3, saw him design, build & complete a 1/3 scale Fowler traction engine - which he once infamously/hilariously, depending on one's POV, fired in the kitchen while his wife was away.

It was parked in his hallway last I saw the man - because he could ;)

7 double G&Ts whilst cooking and watching the footie. Now a beer

Is it better to drink one huge gin and tonic, or loads of little ones?

I once met a bloke who drank white wine (basic) in a pint glass.
it troubled me no end.

malibu and pressed cocoanut juice is almost funished.

ready to go the way of the onion. sloo.

I am surprised how many are on the beer.

The sheer volume of liquid puts me off some times.

Just thinking of the book Saturday Night, Sunday Morning.

I think Arthur did 14 pints before he fell down some stairs.

I have tried stopping the beer for a few weeks but every so often I crack. Only one Chilterns left and its gone now so Hen now.

no, I didn’t see what you did there. straight over my head.

I was thinking of a fine pfm logo designed by Tony L, in a variety of garish colours.

maybe pink?

The Pink Fairies Motorcycle and Drinking Club or has that been done before?
Pink-Fairies-300x201.jpg

Is it better to drink one huge gin and tonic, or loads of little ones?

to honest, I don't know. But with 90 (in fact 91 - a new one arrived today) bottles of gin in the house, and my wanting to experiment with flavour and botanical in gin I would say lots if doubles.

a new arrival

20201121_154356 by uh_simon, on Flickr

will make a great dry martini garnished with a slice or two of pickled cucumber or a caper, or for the adventurous a piece of anchovy

Now on the beer

20201121_204907 by uh_simon, on Flickr

‘especially for you..’

Wife thinks I am disgusting.

BUT,

it is my glass and I will do as I will.

special onion martini. Oh yes.

@gintonic feeling it.

when is too many onions too many onions?

F5-CF9-A0-C-CEF7-491-D-A8-DD-0-A85-BBB4-D324.jpg

Well, cooking duties tonight, rib eye (rare of course) accompanied by some chips (not many), roasted tomatoes and some sweet corn. Washed down with a couple of gin & tonics. I slummed it, finished off a bottle of London gin which was taking up space, so in this instance I used elderflower tonic to make it more interesting.

The malbec has been opened, and I will be shortly pouring a couple of glasses...

advertisement

Back