advertisement

No need to be so rude about the latest supermarket offer on Aussie wine.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks a lot of new world wine tastes like alcoholic jam!
Probably due to only being able to afford "Trois étoiles" on holiday in the 80s. Dryer than a towel!

Back on the Proper Job. Just opened a nice Argentinian Malbec from Berry Brothers. Should go well with the Welsh Black sirloins who used to munch the grass a few fields away. Who needs Hawksmoor (and a fraction of the cost)!

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks a lot of new world wine tastes like alcoholic jam!
Probably due to only being able to afford "Trois étoiles" on holiday in the 80s. Dryer than a towel!

Just a joke. It may have been true 30 years ago but Australia makes some great wine now.

Agreed, southern Australia wines are often very nice. We've just polished off a bottle of NZ sauv blanc £6 from Aldi and v nice.

we love the pub thing. Despite our locals being a 'spoons (beer is actually ok) and a terrible for beer McMullens pub, we are still regulars....

I like to spend time with characters like Tesco Dave, who spends all his free time in the 'spoons, buys 4 pints of John Smiths at a time for himself, and either drinks 12 or 16 pints 3 or 4 times a week.

now having a bash at the Tanqueray 1:2
I prefer this to the bombay gin, or maybe the first drink is having an effect

The steam roller variant boiler was shorter by about a 1/3rd, owing to the different front box casting to accomodate the roller - so yes - it would fire faster.

We used to fill the thing with boiling water from the kettle, before firing, to not waste valuable steaming time ... Right - going to bring the thing out and run it up tomorrow, just because I can!

ETA:

IMG_5536_mamod%20box_600px.jpg

(Drat, I spot a flaw in that idea - needs a responsible Adult... )
In the 1960s I thought that if I wished hard enough I might somehow magic up a Bassett-Lowke 2 1/2” scale Flying Scotsman. I think that might have led to my first realisation that life is basically a string of disappointments.

http://www.tcawestern.org/images/bl20.jpg

Did we get pics of the Mamod in action, or did I miss them?

In the 1960s I thought that if I wished hard enough I might somehow magic up a Bassett-Lowke 2 1/2” scale Flying Scotsman. I think that might have led to my first realisation that life is basically a string of disappointments.

http://www.tcawestern.org/images/bl20.jpg

Did we get pics of the Mamod in action, or did I miss them?

ah no, other Requirements intervened today - but having dug it out, can fire it tomorrow if that will soothe!

Love the Bassett-Lowke pic. I'd love to have the time & funds to play with large-scale live steam.

Hmm, late to the party again, is it beer or wine. Deffo beer, got some Hen but preferred is some Chiltern Brewery 300's

Hmm, late to the party again, is it beer or wine. Deffo beer, got some Hen but preferred is some Chiltern Brewery 300's

I am surprised how many are on the beer.

The sheer volume of liquid puts me off some times.

Just thinking of the book Saturday Night, Sunday Morning.

I think Arthur did 14 pints before he fell down some stairs.

Sneaking in a quick Gordons + T before supper. I really like Gordons, pisses me off when I go in a pub and they have 20 gins but no Gordons.

Tomorrow I will be on the the tea. And lots of it.

“when I say chip, you say cob...”

All the way from the pits.

Tea, tea tea.

maidens water my uncle would have said.

Malibu, plus some more white rum and some pressed cocoanut juice.

bliss

What shall we put on these badges ? I love sauce ? Perfectly fermented mead (see what I did there).

no, I didn’t see what you did there. straight over my head.

I was thinking of a fine pfm logo designed by Tony L, in a variety of garish colours.

maybe pink?

advertisement

Back