advertisement

Big Tabs

looking backwards, going forwards
Considered effort to lay into the large collection of bottles on the ‘drinks cabinet,’ which is in reality just a table with various bottles of booze on it. Some we haven’t opened yet (as they look dubious) but who knows? Tonight has only just got going.

(years ago we went to Andorra, and filled the car with all sorts of odd bottles that we would never buy normally. In terms of price it was bonkers, as I try to recall I think a litre of Absolut Vodka was about 6 euros.
When we got home we worked out that the booze would have cost £600 + to buy in the U.K. :)
(I think it all cost about £50)

Anyhoo, dinner is already cooked, I have coaxed Wife into the music room (“yeah, bring your ipad...”) and I have got a nice glow from the studf I have chucked down my gullet so far.

Glass is empty, so must be time to stand up.

“Cheers” to all fishes, and may I be the first to wish you all a quiet pressing.

Bums up.

I’ve got a cupboard full of all sorts of stuff, whisky, gin, vodka, brandy ..... but only drink beer and wine. I think I had a cocktail party about 30 years ago and got this stuff in for it along with some other garish liquids. Someone will have to get rid of it all one day.

Celebrating here. Nothing fancy on the booze front, just the usual supermarket swill - Casiero El Diablo Chardonnay or summat like.

But. We are having a swill because we've just managed to arrange FTTP for the same price we were paying for a measly 12mb down 1.2 mb up connection (if we were lucky)

Now it's 150 down 30 up with a guaranteed 100 down. Yee ****ing Ha!!!

15 years we've lived here. Went from 4 to 12 and now 150!!

Can't tell ya. I is chuffed to bits.

I'm drinking Sierra Nevada California IPA and listening to Beatles - Love, inexplicably for the first time. Not sure of the way it's mixed, but a few more IPAs will remedy that.

Two 1664s as I prepare dinner.
Waiting for the steak to rest then it’s a bottle of red.
Evening will finish as usual with JD.

Long story short - I bought a case of mixed (my choice) Cava from Spain and a bottle of Dibon semi seco - £6 -has just been opened - very nice for the price - I am no fan at all of brut fizz.

Long story short - I bought a case of mixed (my choice) Cava from Spain and a bottle of Dibon semi seco - £6 -has just been opened - very nice for the price - I am no fan at all of brut fizz.

As long as it is well chilled.

If I open a bottle of fizz that isn’t that nice, a slug of brandy livens it up. Brandy Top ?
(or Rum) I treat it like lemonade. mmmm cherry brandy with cava on top. glugs.

^^^^^LLLLOL

First glass needed ice :)

I will not open the one bottle of vintage that I bought, until the other half is keen on opening it - blanc de noir (garnacha) 2014 - £17!!!!! Champagne.............. only if someone else is buying.

^^^^^LLLLOL

First glass needed ice :)

I will not open the one bottle of vintage that I bought, until the other half is keen on opening it - blanc de noir (garnacha) 2014 - £17!!!!! Champagne.............. only if someone else is buying.

Wife sez that the first bottle of fizz should be expensive, after that, that value fizz that yer Mum got you 3 years ago.

advertisement

Back