advertisement

Mofi Studiodeck Owners

Gza

pfm Member
Hi there

This turntable seems to be getting some good reviews and wanted to know if there were any owners here and what their thoughts on it were, and if they've had any issues with it.

It's on my list of turntables I'm interested in but unfortunately no dealers near me stock it.

Thanks

No idea about the TT's other than what I've read in reviews, etc, I did own the Mofi Ultratracker MM cartridge ( built by AT for Mofi AFAIK) for about a year and was impressed, it should be noted the the tonearm has an effective mass of 20g and the Mofi MM's quite a stiff compliance, perhaps a consideration should you wish to try other cartridges at some point, hth.

I had one for a while - to be honest I wasn’t that impressed. I’d recommend a Technics SL1200GR as a better alternative.

Some realiability QC issues, several forum report

Yeh I've seen a few posts on other forums as well about issues with it. It's probably now looking more like the gr.

The well tempered looks great and I've heard it's ace, but sometimes let the missus put on a record and she can be heavy handed at times. my anxiety levels would go through the roof with that tone arm.

I've reviewed the Studiodeck and I was very impressed with it. I’ve not tried a 1210 GR in my own system so can’t say how it compares, but if you do try a Stidiodeck, do make sure you go for MoFi’s record clamp. It makes a surprisingly large difference for the better.

advertisement

Back