advertisement

Building the Ergo E-IX mini-monitor loudspeaker system

Top man! Many thanks.

The cabinets went together nicely using the tape method, although I used corner clamps since I had bought them . The blue scotch painters tape worked fine.

A few sessions of Danish oiling and sanding await.

Valchromat is more than happy with Danish oil, The video should work for anyone with the link, can you not see it?

That's odd - I get 'this video is private' on my iPad and PC and the same if I copy the URL and try to watch on YouTube. I'll try a couple of oyther devices..

Unfortunately, my area is lockdown till end december. All my wood machines are at my brother workshop. So the built have to wait. Probably I will assemble the crossover first

Progress: one cabinet assembled and both cross overs completed. There are 2 pieces of van damme cable: is that enough for all the internal wiring? Just hesitating to cut it into pieces...

Yes, just about enough cable. Everyone has everything the same as I made the one pair I had to make for this GB so I know it fits

Reactions: jpk
Just completed assembly of the crossover:
Whats-App-Image-2020-11-09-at-16-34-43-1.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2020-11-09-at-16-34-43.jpg

Wire soldered,
Whats-App-Image-2020-11-09-at-18-35-30.jpg

Last edited:
Today I completed my build. Just to make sure about the cross over as the "link" markings on my boards were different for the right and left board: it should be connected as marked in red on attached picture, right?

H5VWVf8.jpg

Thanks jpk, Yes, It is connected like the red line, but i connected them underneath the board. I have trace the circuit 2 times and compared with the diagram posted by James. I think it is correct. I also measured the connection using multi meter.

Thanks for confirming, azman!

I audititioned mine, totally fresh after built, and can say they sound fantastic. More involving, open and also cleaner than my pair of Harbeth 30.1s which sound unnatural dark and introverted in comparison.

Didn't expect such a good speaker :cool:

Congratulation on your built, enjoy the music. I haven't completed mine since my area is lockdown until december. Can't wait to complete mine..

Thanks for confirming, azman!

I audititioned mine, totally fresh after built, and can say they sound fantastic. More involving, open and also cleaner than my pair of Harbeth 30.1s which sound unnatural dark and introverted in comparison.

Didn't expect such a good speaker :cool:
They are certainly full of surprises. Their greatest strength, aside from sounding bigger than they look, is seamless coherence. Just make sure you have at least a 50WPC amp behind them, but avoid thrashing them. There is only so much SPL you can get from a pair of diminutive 5.25" mid-woofers.

They will settle down after about 2 weeks of playing.

They really are great speakers and such a simple solution to what is often a complex problem. I'd like to see even more people using these but outside of the 2 group buys in here I only sold a couple of pairs. I think they are as good as any small 2 way I've heard

advertisement

Back