advertisement

Scammer about again

A good friend of mine runs a motorbike shop

He sold a bike to a chap who paid by card

Two weeks later the buyer "rejected" the purchase with the credit card company who immediately refunded the money to him
Did they check this was a ligitimate rejection (the buyer had viewed and tried the bike) .....no

Did they make any effort to ensure the buyer had actually returned the bike to the seller? ....no (he hadn't and it was over 70 miles away)

So basically the buyer had free use of a bike he had tried and bought....then got a full refund with my friend having to chase to get the bike collected

How is this fair to a seller ?

A good friend of mine runs a motorbike shop

He sold a bike to a chap who paid by card

Two weeks later the buyer "rejected" the purchase with the credit card company who immediately refunded the money to him
Did they check this was a ligitimate rejection (the buyer had viewed and tried the bike) .....no

Did they make any effort to ensure the buyer had actually returned the bike to the seller? ....no (he hadn't and it was over 70 miles away)

So basically the buyer had free use of a bike he had tried and bought....then got a full refund with my friend having to chase to get the bike collected

How is this fair to a seller ?

That doesn't sound fair at all. Surely, the seller had some recourse to complain to the Card Company? I don't even think the Ombudsman would dispute this one.

Chargebacks have now charged me £284 for processing this and after I gave the amount back immediately
They say it’s because it was a international credit card and it was a difference in exchange rates and charges
So be warned dealers don’t be tempted into accepting cards that are from international banks
A quick pointer that you might not be aware of
Open google and put the credit card into the search and it will tell you what country where the card was issued
From now on
No more international credit cards will be accepted ever
Bank transfer only or PayPal If you want to buy from me
Debit cards face to face are accepted too
But still we urge you to transfer via BACS
Credit cards via mail order will be under a higher scrutiny unless we know who you are

However, the downside of BACS, debit cards and paypal etc to the buyer is what if the seller defaults and this has happened to me and many others with a certain company. Credit cards even if only used for a deposit gives the buyer S75 from Consumers Credit Act (1974). Not all buyers or sellers are honest....sadly.

I've said it before - you should get onto your M.P. about it. It's no good just moaning on here. Get the M.P to ask (tell) the Police to investigate it.

I have done this and it works.

Action Fraud has recently been found not fit for purpose by a select Committee or suchlike. The lack of action by the authorities is a national scandal and should be brought to the attention of your M.P. Drop him an email and ask for a reply, contact his local constituency office if he has one etc etc. Get on to your local police and crime commissioner, again demand a response and some action. You are paying business rates and tax and are therefore entitled to assistance. The Police are under a statutory duty to investigate matters.

I've said it before - you should get onto your M.P. about it. It's no good just moaning on here. Get the M.P to ask (tell) the Police to investigate it.

I have done this and it works.

Action Fraud has recently been found not fit for purpose by a select Committee or suchlike. The lack of action by the authorities is a national scandal and should be brought to the attention of your M.P. Drop him an email and ask for a reply, contact his local constituency office if he has one etc etc. Get on to your local police and crime commissioner, again demand a response and some action. You are paying business rates and tax and are therefore entitled to assistance. The Police are under a statutory duty to investigate matters.

What result did you get ?

What result did you get ?

The M.P got onto the Police and the
Police investigated it. A bobby from the local station handled it and kept in contact. Mine involved a theft. Collars were felt.

On another matter the Crime commissioner passed my complaint onto a superintendent and he wrote back to me.

The M.P got onto the Police and the
Police investigated it. A bobby from the local station handled it and kept in contact. Mine involved a theft. Collars were felt.

On another matter the Crime commissioner passed my complaint onto a superintendent and he wrote back to me.
Theft or fraud ?

Theft or fraud ?

Potatoe potato. I do take your point. Given the recent not fit for purpose conclusion re action fraud I think you'd be perfectly in your rights to insist the Police deal with it. Writing to your M.P. might work better than an email.

Potatoe potato. I do take your point. Given the recent not fit for purpose conclusion re action fraud I think you'd be perfectly in your rights to insist the Police deal with it. Writing to your M.P. might work better than an email.
Warwickshire Police would not look at the case, I managed to get Essex Police involved who were utterly useless and were lying to me, the chances of me getting my goods back are zero.

Someone in Portsmouth area making several attempts to order various bits and pieces from my website over the past few days, blatantly obvious to me it is attempted fraud just by looking at the address used, all rejected by card gateway.

Sent an email to the 2 addresses provided to highlight the fact fraud is rife and only bank transfer is acceptable and they both bounced back.

advertisement

Back