advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed it. Lots of references to classic 60s/70s horror but found the ending disappointing.
Same here. I enjoyed Hereditary, but too much is only revealed at the end, and seems to come from nowhere (maybe a second viewing would change my mind).

I think the director's second feature, Midsommar, is better. It's simultaneously more cohesive and wackier, and features a stunning central performance from Florence Pugh.

Has The Third Day been mentioned yet?

Only 6 episodes and keeps you interested. A dark, easy paced tale.

Same here. I enjoyed Hereditary, but too much is only revealed at the end, and seems to come from nowhere (maybe a second viewing would change my mind).

I think the director's second feature, Midsommar, is better. It's simultaneously more cohesive and wackier, and features a stunning central performance from Florence Pugh.
Midsummer reminded me of The Wicker Man. Same sense of dread.

Olive Ketteridge was very good. a TV series without fireworks but nevertheless compelling and....you know you're on to a winner if Frances McDormand is in it; in fact she has the lead role.

I loved Hereditary but hated Midsommar.....Style over substance for me.

I loved Hereditary but hated Midsommar.....Style over substance for me.
Interesting. I thought Pugh's central performance gave Midsommar real emotional heft, especially as the overall arc of her relationship with her partner resolves towards the end of the movie. Plenty of emotional substance in Hereditary too but I got a bit tired of the "action" sequences, which seemed formulaic. I think both movies are too long and would benefit from a sharper edit.

Just realised I've binge watched The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. I have a know weakness for redheads, but that aside, I rather enjoyed it.

Latest Borat, unless you’re a hardened fan, probably give it a miss.

Usual mix of (massively) cringy antics, the odd funny bit.

Shame, the first one I thought was very good.

Latest Borat, unless you’re a hardened fan, probably give it a miss.

Usual mix of (massively) cringy antics, the odd funny bit.

Shame, the first one I thought was very good.
Not a fan of cringy/uncomfortable comedy, didn’t enjoy the majority of the first film. I never got into The Office either but a lot of folk really rated it.

Doing the Marvel series in order late at night when the Mrs has nodded off, DD1 done now on JJ1, I blame C19 :)

i take it you’re from or live in Castleford?

Not a fan of cringy/uncomfortable comedy, didn’t enjoy the majority of the first film. I never got into The Office either but a lot of folk really rated it.

Doing the Marvel series in order late at night when the Mrs has nodded off, DD1 done now on JJ1, I blame C19 :)

i take it you’re from or live in Castleford?

I can do cringe, but this took it to a whole new level, I love The Office btw.

Yes, from Castleford and still here, do you have connections? (Seeing that you’re half way round the world :D).

Aye, family originally from Fryston & Goole - I lived in Airedale and Carlton for a while, in-between living Scotland. We moved back and forth until I left school and moved into a butt n ben with my Grandad near Aberdeen for a bit. Not been back down for a while but have been back a few times and stayed in York.

Aye, family originally from Fryston & Goole - I lived in Airedale and Carlton for a while, in-between living Scotland. We moved back and forth until I left school and moved into a butt n ben with my Grandad near Aberdeen for a bit. Not been back down for a while but have been back a few times and stayed in York.
It’s a small world, I’m from Airedale, mum from Fryston. Just nipping out, will PM later if that’s OK, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back