advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

How much were LS25 and how much will LS40 cost ?
Apologies if mentioned earlier

If I hadn't invested a fortune allready in cables, I'd be interested in LS40 but might sneak in a pair of LS25 preowned, provided they are at least 5mtr banan terminated and tolerate a Naim amp.

If I recall LS25 were based on TQB II or ultra ?

LS-25 and prices are on the website (ABCaudio), and LS-40 will be shortly when we get a few final things costed. As far as I remember, only one of the posters here has a five meter set to trade in, but we'll see what turns up. It'll be absolutely fine with Naim, BTW.

Not quite based on Tellurium Q I'm afraid. EWA is more of a third generation design by comparison according to Colin, based on original concepts he came up prior to TQ. LS-25 is a similar form factor to the ultra series, but other than that they don't really compare.

Why is this please Sir?:)

Hi. :)

LS-5 has just half the conductors that LS-25 has, and the inductive shielding isn't as strong. I think it was originally conceived as a proof of concept cable, but sounded really good and it became a product.

We later twined it in a braided sleeve, before LS-25 was available, and it made a really good product with excellent SQ and bass - but it was no longer flat and compact.

LS5 bi-wire vs LS25 single, how would that compare ?

As above, all EWA loudspeaker cables are better twinned into a sleeve where they are held closely together. The properties of the cables couple in proximity and you get something better than running them separately.

But LS-25 still comfortably outperforms LS-5 and any derivative of it.

LS-5 is pretty much out of stock now, and we have no immediate plans to manufacture it again. There's hardly any interest in it when LS-25 is available.

Thanks for the feedback.... In one room I use bi-wire/Amp LS25, replaced TQ Ultra Black :D.... That is only a 2 meter run.
In another room I'm looking to replace my basic Van Damme cable. But at 7 meters a speaker the idea of double runs gets a bit eye watering on cost. Maybe a single run of LS40 and stay single wired/amp'd.

A experiment, NOT TO BE DONE AT HOME BOYS AND GIRLS
I got some of the EWA IC cable which has four conductors and a shield,
Tested the break down voltage at 2500VAC between all.
OK the wire could handle about 3Amps max.
Made a simple cheap and nasty MK plug and Bulgin IEC lead 2 M long.
And tried it on the New Oberon I have, based on the M50 and M50P mixed (only 3 ever made cost to high)
We have one my sons Sam and Scott have one each.
It was fantastic the cheapo Woolworth IEC was crap in conclusion.
Just a fun and dangerous things to do under lockdown.
Still waiting for Solar Panel from space Mike, phew

Keep well all.

Can say that EWA LS20 is superb speaker cable too. Believe it was 2 x the LS5 run together. Far, far better than the TQ Black I had before.

I will be re-decorating (in the new year) and moving things around so even if i really like them i would not be sure of the length i would require.

But happy to accept a trial as and when they might come my way, thanks.

advertisement

Back