advertisement

Should ‘poor’ be a protected characteristic?

Tory MPs especially are the biggest scroungers of them all and they have stolen so much more from us than we can ever possibly steal back. We should be looting Westminster on 5th Nov.

If you are Tory scum, rest assured I am thinking about how to **** you over. I think it’s time to make Tories be very afraid.

I am dealing in reality, not a wish list.

You say the channel route is unsafe, “the choice of a safe crossing is not open to them...”

There is the reality.

You are free to fantasise about what you would like to happen.

I am merely commenting on what has happened.
So what is the point your trying to make? That asylum seekers should choose to seek asylum in France? That asylum seekers should be denied the choice of seeking asylum in the UK?

Tory MPs especially are the biggest scroungers of them all and they have stolen so much more from us than we can ever possibly steal back. We should be looting Westminster on 5th Nov.

If you are Tory scum, rest assured I am thinking about how to **** you over. I think it’s time to make Tories be very afraid.
Miss Fox. Put the monkey wrench down. They’ll be gone soon. Honestly.Just put it down....

Who are you referring to?

(for clarity - I am politically left leaning. My wife is very Left)
I was not referring to you, as far as I’m aware you have not resorted to name calling or personalised ad hom. We have disagreed, perhaps even angrily, but our exchanges have not been characterised by some of the abuse I’ve seen used recently. My comment was directed at those who start with name calling then demand the debate is conducted in good faith or accuse others of dragging the debate down after calling someone a moron and a muppet

Miss Fox. Put the monkey wrench down. They’ll be gone soon. Honestly.Just put it down....

...the problem with that is if Tory scum aren’t frightened, these ****s keep coming back. Basically not dissimilar to how one deals with Nazis, Tories are similar but with a veneer of respectability.

Their veneer has worn thin, true. But I’m basically at the stage where it’s time to normalise feeling okay with the idea of declaring open warfare on Tories, make these people afraid to be Tory. Everyone got complacent.

No matter how sympathetic they PRETEND to be, most Tory MPs cannot envisage what it is like to be poor. Not just in monetary terms but also to be deprived of opportunity and hope. Therefore how could they possibly help and support? They were referred to as the Nasty Party for good reason. Ignorance, privilege and spite are at their core and until they vacate we are in for a rough ride.

Rubbish, Irritable Bowel Syndrome himself is a man of the people.

EE8-F81-C6-A360-4506-AF73-1-B786487-B9-AD.jpg

It all rather depends on what anyone means by "live on".

I have had this self-same discussion umpteen times over the years, but eating well, healthily, on something like £30 per week is actually easy. Been there, done that, for months on end and allowed a bit for inflation in the £30 since I did it last. I have even been complimented by a rather cheeky person on the check-out how healthy my shopping was.

The problem comes in paying fuel and water bills................................. THAT is impossible out of what remains, unless you just don't use any.

I have lived on straight single person unemployment for two years, twice, with no savings AT ALL to begin with on one occasion and some redundancy the other, and had very, very little debt at the end.

I remember IDS leaping up and down like a child in the HOC when the PM backed his department. I thought I was going to vomit. He is typical of a range of MPs(and not just Tory)who can’t see beyond their own self-gratification and career. He wouldn’t have any idea of what it is like on the other end of his policies. He gives humanity a bad name.

IBS doesn’t need food, he lives vampirically on other people’s grief. Priti Patel is the same, she only has to pay scaffolding hire to keep her smirk up.

...gonna mess with my release schedule but I have a “All Tories Are Scum” song in my head — and it’s won’t go away until it’s been recorded. I oppose blood sports but I might make an exception if the quarry were Tories.

IBS doesn’t need food, he lives vampirically on other people’s grief. Priti Patel is the same, she only has to pay scaffolding hire to keep her smirk up.

...gonna mess with my release schedule but I have a “All Tories Are Scum” song in my head — and it’s won’t go away until it’s been recorded. I oppose blood sports but I might make an exception if the quarry were Tories.
Nice title.Can’t wait for it to top the charts.!

You judge, with hindsight, that the choice was poor because of the outcome. Had the family not drowned it would have been an excellent choice. Crossing the Channel in small boats is a well-celebrated English tradition btw.

It looks so easy from Calais, you can see England on a half decent day.

The swimmers have a program taking into account wind, current and tide to give you a departure window minimising real swim distance.

If you get this wrong it can be almost impossible as for long periods you need a decent speed to even maintain the same distance from shore.

An inexperienced refugee will tend to underestimate that risk; also it only takes one large wave to knock out a cheap outboard. We had that in Taal Lake and you realise a couple of miles is a long swim.

There is plenty of room in the U.K. for refugees and migrants. The Tories especially need an underclass to feel superior too, and an existential threat, and someone to wipe their arses and do all the shitty jobs — where’s that gonna come from if they kill all the candidates?

I was wondering how quickly this argument would come up, it was quick.

The issue here is that children and dependents should not have to suffer due to parental / guardian behaviour, and the behaviour of the minority. Most people are born into poverty, they aren’t born with privilege and then “blow it all”.

Just because a parent is spending all their money on booze and fags, doesn’t mean children should go hungry. Food vouchers for example cannot he used for alcohol, tobacco, phone cards etc.

Saying that we shouldn’t give out food vouchers because “scroungers, booze and fags” (popular Tory argument that MPs use) is not only factually wrong, but is akin to expelling the whole class when a small group of pupils are to blame.

Well, that's how my comment has been taken, but it wasn't actually what I meant. Children going hungry is obviously wrong, whether or not their parents are poor. What I was questioning was the idea of 'poor' as a label to be stuck on people so that they weren't discriminated against. I am very much in favour of a guaranteed income that would lift all families out of poverty, rather than a token gesture that makes no difference to their quality of life, and which, as DimitryZ points out, is condescending.

I remember IDS leaping up and down like a child in the HOC when the PM backed his department. I thought I was going to vomit. He is typical of a range of MPs(and not just Tory)who can’t see beyond their own self-gratification and career. He wouldn’t have any idea of what it is like on the other end of his policies. He gives humanity a bad name.
His greatest moment was when he pulled the chopped onion and began weeping in an interview. George Osborne had let the people down by clawing back funding from IBS’s social insecurity programme and it broke his one nation heart, or so he was attempting to suggest.

His greatest moment was when he pulled the chopped onion and began weeping in an interview. George Osborne had let the people down by clawing back funding from IBS’s social insecurity programme and it broke his one nation heart, or so he was attempting to suggest.
Awful man.

advertisement

Back