Status
Not open for further replies.
50522974956_3945e45c8f_c.jpg

Ming Da Piccolo
Pi/Digione Signature/ Shanti
Benchmark Dac
Rel T Zero
Super Elfs

Thats a lovely set up. How is the little rel sub? I’ve been looking at these as I could do with some deeper bass to add to some concept 20s I have set up.

Thats a lovely set up. How is the little rel sub? I’ve been looking at these as I could do with some deeper bass to add to some concept 20s I have set up.
I’m really impressed with it. It seems to kinda fill the room. Adds quite a lot of warmth and all round niceness

sounds like it’s would be exactly what I’m looking for. Many thanks.

If you have the space and a few more quids, a larger Rel or Dias might give better sq. However, in my small room, the t zero is perfect and to my ears stands up well against the T7 I have in my main system

Wharfedale DIntons? Quite interested in those - how are they?

Yes they are (Lintons but I'm sure that's a typo)

I'm very happy with them, to be fair they're amongst the most expensive speakers I've owned so being honest I haven't got an awful lot to compare them to.

They play the stuff I listen to very well, I'm a big fan of punk, post-punk, and alternative rock type stuff (Nirvana, Pixies, Sonic Youth etc) , along with electronic music such as Kraftwerk, OMD, New Order.

I do like my music at reasonable volume levels and these fit the bill perfectly, I don't do Jazz or Classical type stuff so can't comment, there was someone on here posting how good piano recordings sounded through them, might be worth a search?

Build quality is very good and I love the retro styling

It was a busted HDX and an acknowledgment from me that its old tech running embedded windows XP and I did not feel worth repairing, but I do love the case, and here we were in lock down and I was bored so got the angle grinder out. To be fair it was a very expensive case :)

The innards are actually from a streamer I purchased here from someone, so its a nice set up. The USB card there is a few quid and is powered itself by a separate linear supply.

It turned into a project in the end because the back plate was not right, so I landed up with a L section of thick aluminium that I bolted to the original case work.

CD player rips to the network, not that I have handled a CD in like 5 years. The main board is running the excellent Daphile, which is controlled by roon. The raspberry pi bottom right is running ropieee with the only purpose being touchscreen controls and cover art.

One advantage of the Audio Note Oto blowing up is that I could tidy up the system as the amp it's temporarily been replaced with is much smaller. So my little living room system has been revised to fit into the space available in the TV unit we have. As usual Ludo decided to get in on the picture, this time while working his way through a huge chunk of cow-bone:

171161840.lenpV3or.ls04.jpg

The system is now:
- Project Debut III with acrylic platter and speed box and a Denon DL110
- Cambridge Audio phono stage
- Squeezebox Touch
- Musical Fidelity M1CDT transport
- Musical Fidelity M1DAC
- Onix DNA-45 (one of the few actually our in the wild I expect)
- Triangle Titus XS speakers
- Atacama Moseco 6 stands

Not quite a lovely sounding as when the Oto was use, but still sounds decent.

It's been less than a week but already the DNA-45 has already pissed me off enough that I've ordered something to replace it with! That's longer than it's lasted in any of the other systems I've tried it in though but once again it's not the sound quality that's the issue - it's the ergonomics that I can't live with.

It's been less than a week but already the DNA-45 has already pissed me off enough that I've ordered something to replace it with! That's longer than it's lasted in any of the other systems I've tried it in though but once again it's not the sound quality that's the issue - it's the ergonomics that I can't live with.
Sad state of affairs the Onix debacle, feel for all the guys caught up in it out of pocket, nearly plumped for one myself but backed out at the last minute.

Tried a MF Amp to match your M1 kit? I'm a bit OCD and would have matching MF Amp and Phono in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back