advertisement

Building the Ergo E-IX mini-monitor loudspeaker system

The band clamps are extremely handy for all sorts of things so worth getting if you'll use them again. They are cheap enough.

As James said the ply won't warp.

Stefan

XO Components arrived safely, thanks Stefan. The inductors are huge - I must have used smaller wire diameters in my original build. Working on the layout now, perhaps a custom PC board, they are so inexpensive nowadays.

Yes, use the better quality cap (Z-Superior) in C2011, which is in series with the tweeter. The other 2.5uF is just part of a zobel network for the tweeter.

YES!!!!

They are finally all now here, they have all come in dribs and drabs over the last few working days. I intend to start working through this tomorrow and over the next couple of days, so hopefully by the end of the week I will have every ones deliveries in little piles ready to be packed.

I can now test the crossovers I have made as well. It's probably take me a week or so to work through it all but I will get there, I promise :)

Stefan

I managed to get about half packed up today, I'll try and do a bit more over the weekend but most likely Monday now,

Gareth and Azman, yours is ready for UPS already. Azman you have already paid for shipping so they will collect Monday, Gareth I'll check the weight of your and send you an invoice for it.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan. So I better get started with the build now...:). Getting the tools ready. As I am working from home due to covid, I may have a lot of spare time, hopefully.

Azman

Hi Stefan,

I just noticed that for the free standing XO components you shipped out 2.2uF caps, whereas the schematic calls for 2.5uF, was that an error?

Martin

Update: Just checked the Janzen site and they don't list a 2.5uF, so I assume that 2.2uF is a substitute - is there any benefit it paralleling a ~0.3uF cap to get closer to the ideal?

Well, that is an odd one, I used to have a schematic from James with a hand written adjustment for both the free standing one and the standard one, but can't find them any longer, just my own notes on what was ordered for the previous GB. This must be because 2.5uF caps aren't a thing (at least not at Jantzen). The short answer is I have no idea after all this time how the adjusted values came about now, maybe James can remember? Maybe the recently posted schematic was an earlier version? The standard version has a 2.7uF instead of the 2.5uF in the recently posted schematic too. Same story with that. Everyone in the previous GB had the values I supplied this time too so there must have been some discussion at that time, although as I said I cannot recall now. I only noticed myself on Friday when I was testing some of the crossovers.

advertisement

Back