advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice system, probably quite versatile over many types of music I would think.

Which phono boards have you got in the 102? Also you seem to have 2 Avondale TPX1s there, are they both hooked up to the 102?

Also you should know better by now than to post a snap with a mysterious picture on the wall without saying what it is :)

Yes I like the system a lot. The room now is a bit small for the speakers, they were bought to fill a big villa in Abu Dhabi which is where the Henna painting came from, it's of two hands. Have a Whest Two phonostage so no phono boards in the 102 and it is powered by both TPX1s yes.

SHort update for my system since it's changed quite a bit since I got the speakers...

It's not the most impressive setup nor the fanciest photos (from my phone) but I like it. The amp is on sale-or-return, but I'm leaning very much towards buying it. Main changes are that I've brought the Mjolnir into the same unit as the rest of the kit, and moved the LPSU and Neo into the cupboard on the left hand side.

SHort update for my system since it's changed quite a bit since I got the speakers...

It's not the most impressive setup nor the fanciest photos (from my phone) but I like it. The amp is on sale-or-return, but I'm leaning very much towards buying it. Main changes are that I've brought the Mjolnir into the same unit as the rest of the kit, and moved the LPSU and Neo into the cupboard on the left hand side.
Is that a Rega P8?

Is that a Rega P8?
Yes, with whatever arm it comes with and an Apheta 2. Plus a custom cover for it (a wee bit too tall in hindsight IMHO) and a black panther ornament thingy that used to sit on the amp but since the amp isn't technically mine I didn't want to risk any marks.

Yes, with whatever arm it comes with and an Apheta 2. Plus a custom cover for it (a wee bit too tall in hindsight IMHO) and a black panther ornament thingy that used to sit on the amp but since the amp isn't technically mine I didn't want to risk any marks.
I do plan to listen to a P8 as a possible alternative to my LP12 & would look at a custom cover rather than the crap thing it comes with.

Absolutely. The first thing I did when I got the deck was order up a proper cover. It's not ideal - I originally wanted enough headroom to put the P8 on an internal isolated plinth, before I got the wall shelf - but it keeps the dust off and is large enough it could feasibly be re-purposed as a dust cover for the Luxman (if I extended the rear cut-outs). By the way, a big change from the LP12s I've owned, although arguably different rather than better. Certainly more consistent. But that's for another thread....

Love the look of Luxmans (Luxmen?). Is that beast Class A?
Yes. It's a fine thing indeed, and sounds great. Doesn't quite heat the room as well as I'd hoped, so I can't rely on it over our radiators :). But seriously, it's proper grown up hifi without the drama....

A friend has just bought the same amp, I had a listen last week and thought it was bloody marvellous. Now thinking about it a lot, might have to buy one. Lovely thing.

Reactions: JTC
50522974956_3945e45c8f_c.jpg

Ming Da Piccolo
Pi/Digione Signature/ Shanti
Benchmark Dac
Rel T Zero
Super Elfs

White Devons arrived yesterday, and unpacked today. My temporary stands aren’t the most elegant, but do the job! Some open frame stands in silk white might be a nice match.

This could finally be it. Detail, scale, imaging. It’s all there, and bass goes pretty deep without overly exciting the room. No idea how that works.

Excellent job @cooky1257 :)

50523945447_5722f86198_h.jpg

50523051388_6703adc177_h.jpg

One advantage of the Audio Note Oto blowing up is that I could tidy up the system as the amp it's temporarily been replaced with is much smaller. So my little living room system has been revised to fit into the space available in the TV unit we have. As usual Ludo decided to get in on the picture, this time while working his way through a huge chunk of cow-bone:

171161840.lenpV3or.ls04.jpg

The system is now:
- Project Debut III with acrylic platter and speed box and a Denon DL110
- Cambridge Audio phono stage
- Squeezebox Touch
- Musical Fidelity M1CDT transport
- Musical Fidelity M1DAC
- Onix DNA-45 (one of the few actually our in the wild I expect)
- Triangle Titus XS speakers
- Atacama Moseco 6 stands

Not quite a lovely sounding as when the Oto was use, but still sounds decent.

White Devons arrived yesterday, and unpacked today. My temporary stands aren’t the most elegant, but do the job! Some open frame stands in silk white might be a nice match.

This could finally be it. Detail, scale, imaging. It’s all there, and bass goes pretty deep without overly exciting the room. No idea how that works.

Excellent job @cooky1257 :)

50523945447_5722f86198_h.jpg

50523051388_6703adc177_h.jpg
So glad you like them, they will look the bizz on white stands for sure. They will get even better, enjoy!

Naits, especially the 2, have always punched well above their weight. There was a point where I considered using our CB Nait 2 as the amp behind the big Tannoys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back