advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to latest reports non cover deaths are on the increase big time. Which brings back the question ,will the cure be more destructive than the disease. ?

We have to keep case numbers down so that the nhs can treat heart patients and all the others. This is the whole point of lockdowns and I think it's being forgotten...

I think they are but the rate of infection, per 100 k not per week, (rate is very confusing word as it really implies per time) is nearly 10 times higher than in the general population. As I've been saying since August, this is being driven from the schools...

Yes well all those teenagers on top of each other licking and spitting on each other.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54612293

i am not sure i would want to chair the Ethics meeting that clears this study......

The issue will be to draw the line between ‘individual ethic’ and ‘group ethic’ (as one of my old bosses used to describe it). Any trial involves some risk to those taking part, so there has to be a balance between the risk to the individual (which must be minimised and explained to them clearly before they sign up) and the potential benefit to society.

At the moment, some may argue that a larger (but explained) individual risk might be more acceptable than, say, this time last year.

I still wouldn’t want to be the decision-maker though.

Burham seems to have given up on his Grand Old Duke of York tactics. Now all he's got is yebbut it wont work - which is very true but it's been a dangerous game. He'd better hope that he retains some respect for challenging Johnson, instead of facing a backlash...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ns-late-night-ultimatum-to-greater-manchester

Well, FWIW he has my respect and it's typical of Manchester to stand against the tyranny of the south... again! I see the midday deadline has passed but nothing from the Bullingdon cockstick as yet!

...I see the midday deadline has passed but nothing from the Bullingdon cockstick as yet!

Nah they're still arguing about the money. Tier 3 is 'worth' 80 quid a head, Burnham's trying to get a ton and the Treasury doesn't want to allow the precedent.

Minister for Corruption, Trough Feeding & Donor Backhanders Robert Jenrik has just announced that no communication from Manchester has been received, and therefore the Tory Party is at war with the north of England. As is usual.

"The Greater Manchester leaders agreed to reduce their request to £65m but this was rejected by Jenrick shortly after 2pm, effectively killing the negotiations." Seems there never was a negotiation at all, just take it or leave it from the Government...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...0898b435918388#block-5f8ee6cc8f0898b435918388

One thing that annoys me is this constant north south divide. I understand completely why the dislike the south as I think they get a raw deal. I live in the south east and dislike the ruling elected. They seem to be biased towards London more than anywhere. I don't know what other countries are like, but we don't just have so many from the same school, they were in the same class. Like the latest train line starts from London. I think if it's that good start in the North East and North West and come down to the Midlands.

rPioDoB.jpg

Sh1t, 241 deaths reported today up from 80 (the increase is in England and not down to the other nations), 21 331 cases (up 12%), hospitals data not updated again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back