advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what Andy Burnham wants - let it rip and protect the vulnerable in some unspecified way. He wants it because lockdowns make people poorer. Do you think he’s unreasonable?

There’s a post on this somewhere above today with a link.
I’m not talking about what Andy Burnham wants, I asked another member a question.

Strangely there’s no responses to Burnham’s suggestion on his blog, I just checked. No one cares enough!

No lockdowns make more people deader.

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

This is what Andy Burnham wants - let it rip and protect the vulnerable in some unspecified way. He wants it because lockdowns make people poorer. Do you think he’s unreasonable?

There’s a post on this somewhere above today with a link to Burnham’s blog where he announces that this is his new idea.
Hyperventilation ( on your part).

In a hotel restaurant this evening, listening to a group of gents a little older than me discussing Covid with a group of four ladies. The ladies were complying with the requirements. The gents were not, making out it was irrelevant etc. All the gents said they were from Liverpool, and the conditions would make no difference to them, so sod it. The ladies seemed to hasten up a bit in eating their meal, and then left.

Just a bite size bit of reality and bravado, I’m sure.

Oh, and they made a point of saying none of them were from the same house, despite sitting at the same table. And this is in a 4 star hotel in the W Mids...

My new fave pub has nicely done hanging Perspex dividers between tables, cleans each table as people leave, Their own parallel local track and trace and takes your temperature before you can sign in. Open fire too so good old fashioned ventilation.

^^^
My local had these features and more - it still had to close under Tier 3 on Wirral :(

were they using it? Our local has 2 of them, and tell me that they have been told not to use them and to keep all the doors/windows open.
Interesting and yes they were. I just assumed it would help with ventilation.

Infection rate rises sharply among secondary age school pupils as NEU calls for a two week closure:

“The latest infection survey report from the ONS (16 October) shows infection rates rising sharply amongst secondary age pupils - much more sharply than in any section of the population apart from university students..."

https://neu.org.uk/press-releases/circuit-breaker-secondary-schools-and-post-16

In Wales the rate among school year 7 to school year 11 rose from 40 per 100,000 on 1 September to 930 per 100,000 on 8 October a bigger rise than any other age group, and the same rate of infection as university students.

The Government is still selling us BS on schools.

Infection rate rises sharply among secondary age school pupils as NEU calls for a two week closure:

“The latest infection survey report from the ONS (16 October) shows infection rates rising sharply amongst secondary age pupils - much more sharply than in any section of the population apart from university students..."

https://neu.org.uk/press-releases/circuit-breaker-secondary-schools-and-post-16

In Wales the rate of among school year 7 to school year 11 rose from 40 per 100,000 on 1 September to 930 per 100,000 on 8 October a bigger rise than any other age group.

The Government is still selling us BS on schools.

Yep and they will continue to do so. As long as Little Johnny gets his education then the death of his elderly grandparents is a price worth paying!

The_Daily_Telegraph_20_10_2020_400.jpg

More grist to the mill for my pet idea that this crisis transcends party political frontiers, Andy Burnham now finding support from The Telegraph.

Shame they’ve bunched together years 7 - 11, the infection rates may be significantly different for different year groups.

...Shame they’ve bunched together years 7 - 11, the infection rates may be significantly different for different year groups.

I think they are but the rate of infection, per 100 k not per week, (rate is very confusing word as it really implies per time) is nearly 10 times higher than in the general population. As I've been saying since August, this is being driven from the schools...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back